Menu
What do you refer to when you prepare for your trips?
May 22, 2012 21:54
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

It's only my experience, Lonely. Maybe others need tour guide. Most of the time, I'd travel alone, if I lose my way, I have only myself to blame.
Wan

Haha, I do not need tour guide too because I am a poor traveler who can not give them tips. With the help of the detailed maps and travelogues, I think that I can travel on my own.
May 23, 2012 09:15
  • WANHU
Yes, I agree with you. I have travelled extensively before, on shoestring. Now it's not difficult to travel even to China because there are many words and signage in English. People are ever willing to assist, and most students understand English. Still, I'm learning slowly a few words of Putonghua to communicate.
Wan
May 24, 2012 01:09
Wan,

In some remote areas, you may not find words and signages in Engilsh. Mastering simple Chinese can make your trip easier. But I am impressed by a Chinese couple who traveled around the world. Both are over sixties.

Sometimes, langauage is not the obstacle. As long as you decide to see the outer world, just go out immediately.
May 24, 2012 01:42
  • WANHU
I have travelled to Arab countries and I couldn't speak, not even a single word of Arabic. Haha.
Wan
May 27, 2012 01:28
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU View Post

I have travelled to Arab countries and I couldn't speak, not even a single word of Arabic. Haha.
Wan

Well, at least you can speak good English. That old couple almost can not speak English when they started their trip. It's amazing that they have been to so many places.
May 27, 2012 06:49
  • WANHU
Thank you for thinking so, but picked my English from the streets. Anyway there are other ways to communicate besides language.
Wan
May 28, 2012 03:16
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Thank you for thinking so, but picked my English from the streets. Anyway there are other ways to communicate besides language.
Wan

Yes, gestures are very useful.
May 28, 2012 10:07
  • WANHU
One time when I was near Nord Station in Paris, there was this old man who lost everything to s pickpocket. Maybe he was too shy to ask for assistance or money, but he just stood not far from the entrance to the Immigration checkpoint, with his tears, very sad looking. He didn't say anything but people "threw" him some money. He communicated with his tears instead of words. He touched many hearts.
Wan
May 29, 2012 04:28
Wan, people might get wrong. He might not want money but felt helpless. He could walk to the immigration checkpoint and tell them what happened to him. I guess that they will help him.
May 29, 2012 05:54
  • WANHU
You think the French officials would help? I was once stuck under the Channel Tunnel for 45 minutes, but as usual the French never apologise although some of the commuters of the Eurostar had difficulty in breathing and I heard some of them were cursing.
Wan
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you refer to when you prepare for your trips?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code