Menu
Would you stop thieves stealing again if you got beaten?
May 8, 2012 02:31
  • MJ1985
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 1 vote(s)
  2. 6 vote(s)
  3. 1 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
On May 4, a Brazilian stopped a thief stealing a girl’s purse but got beaten by the thief and his ‘friends’. More than 10 Chinese were there but none of them saved that Brazilian guy.

The report didn’t say who sent him to the hospital. At the hospital, he told the newspaper that it wasn’t the first time that he had stopped thieves stealing. During 2012 Chinese Spring Festival, he caught a thief but had stitches on his head. No surprise! No one helped him. He was very disappointed. At last, he said that he wouldn’t do it again after being beaten by the thieves.
May 11, 2012 00:20
GUESTGUEST 110 I m from Germany, and in Germany we are required to help as long as we dont endanger ourself. But in a situation like this, i still would help. If they beat me up, i'll make sure that i take some of them with me to the hospital.
criminals have so much power because people dont help each other, think that its somebody else's job to help.
May 13, 2012 01:01
[quote=GUESTGUEST 110,464884]I m from Germany, and in Germany we are required to help as long as we dont endanger ourself. But in a situation like this, i still would help. If they beat me up, i'll make sure that i take some of them with me to the hospital.
criminals have so much power because people dont help each other, think that its somebody else's job to help.[/quote]

You are a nice person. I should say that Chinese people are more selfish. If I was put into this situation, I will take some other measures to help her. Perhaps, I will run into her when the thief took away his purse. I will try to make it as coincidence.

This week, a British jerk tried to rape a young Chinese girl near the Xuanwumen subway station. Some cold hearted Chinese just stood by and watched her being raped. Luckily, a retired soldier came up and beat him.

I really want to ask those stand-by a question "Will you watch your wife being raped?"
May 15, 2012 09:09
  • WANHU
A sad situation indeed, no more "enjoin good and forbid evil"?
Wan
May 16, 2012 02:18
  • SUNNYDREAM
Lonely, there must be more than one bystander around the girl, right?

Perhaps, all those bystanders thought that there must be someone else who would stand out and help her. Thus, everyone didn’t move and waited for someone to help the girl. They felt no guilty even if the girl was raped. Why? It’s not my fault because there are many other people around her.

If there was only one bystander, he had no excuse. If he watched the girl being raped, he would feel guilty in his entire life. Then he might call the police or tried other ways to help her.
May 16, 2012 09:23
  • WANHU
Sunnydream, perhaps if one person, only one is guilty for not helping. If many, I suppose all of them are guilty for not helping. This kind of attitude because they think it doesn't happen to them or their family members.
Wan
May 17, 2012 01:27
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

I agree with you that all of them would be responsible if the girl was raped. Unfortunately, there isn't a law that regulates the bystanders have to rescue the one who is in need of help.

Did you know Xiao Yueyue's death? 18 people passed by and no one came to help her after she was hit by a van. It caused a discussion but none of the 18 people were punished.
May 17, 2012 09:48
  • WANHU
It was shown worldwide, Sunnydream.
Wan
May 19, 2012 05:50
  • MARK_81
Yes I would and have done it before!! if I saw anyone attacking anybody on the street like that I would step in right away as would all my friends that I know.

our streets have to be safe that is the least we have to expect in a society that women and children can walk the streets safely
May 20, 2012 01:31
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

It was shown worldwide, Sunnydream.
Wan

It's true. People do not help Xiao Yueyue because they do not want to put themselves in danger. They worry that the girl's parents might take them as the criminal who hit their daughter.
May 20, 2012 09:51
  • WANHU
If everyone thinks the same, one day you won't have a good Samaritan in China.
Wan
Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Would you stop thieves stealing again if you got beaten?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code