Menu
Happy Mother's Day!
Jul 20, 2012 03:55
  • WANHU
Not really, dear Sunnydream. We only chat in English as she needs to learn English including conversation. As you may understand, a lot of things she needs to adjust, especially her pronunciation. We have drills of listening skills, and dictation. She needs to sit for her TOEFL soon with a minimum score of 600 as she is also doing her graduate study besides teaching Putonghua. I treat her like my own family.
Wan
Jul 22, 2012 22:01
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

She is a good girl and you are a good friend to her. Where will she continue her further study, in Malaysia?
Jul 23, 2012 03:20
  • WANHU
The same public university in Malaysia where she teaches Putonghua. Although her basic academic qualification is in Electronic Engineering, but she has a certificate in teaching Putonghua, and she is indeed a good laoshi.
Wan
Jul 24, 2012 22:56
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

The same public university in Malaysia where she teaches Putonghua. Although her basic academic qualification is in Electronic Engineering, but she has a certificate in teaching Putonghua, and she is indeed a good laoshi.
Wan

What can I say? She is very excellent.
Jul 25, 2012 12:11
  • WANHU
I'm trying to assist her for her proposal and viva, and she needs to publish some articles in international journals in order to carry academic weight and strength.
Wan
Jul 25, 2012 21:14
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

I'm trying to assist her for her proposal and viva, and she needs to publish some articles in international journals in order to carry academic weight and strength.
Wan

I see. Wan, it seems that you have some influence on Malaysian scholarly circles.
Jul 25, 2012 21:37
  • WANHU
Not really, Sunnydream, just to assist in gathering her literature search and how to arrange according to its relevance. Also guide her on her instrumentation. I'm not qualified to supervise her postgraduate thesis or dissertation.
Wan
Jul 30, 2012 01:21
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Not really, Sunnydream, just to assist in gathering her literature search and how to arrange according to its relevance. Also guide her on her instrumentation. I'm not qualified to supervise her postgraduate thesis or dissertation.
Wan

You are a great helper to her.
Jul 31, 2012 01:48
  • WANHU
Maybe you can start to think of your postgraduate study too?
Wan
Jul 31, 2012 23:13
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Maybe you can start to think of your postgraduate study too?
Wan

I‘d like to do it but I am not sure if I have time. Sometimes I have to work at weekends. It's difficult to work it out.
Page 6 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Happy Mother's Day!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code