Menu
Happy Mother's Day!
Aug 1, 2012 12:38
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

I‘d like to do it but I am not sure if I have time. Sometimes I have to work at weekends. It's difficult to work it out.

You can search for flexible learning programme, by online and meet the professors only once a month.
Wan
Aug 6, 2012 02:01
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

You can search for flexible learning programme, by online and meet the professors only once a month.
Wan

Wan, I still doubt whether I have to go on my postgraduate study. Some postgraduates even earn less than me.

Aug 7, 2012 01:11
  • WANHU
Different ends of thought. Last year I attended Public Service Conference, and a public service officer during Q&A asked the Director General of the Public Service Department about better pay for PhD holders. He replied, having a PhD is an added value and not a privilege, not even a requirement (unless for academicians). PhD doesn't generate income but it generates maturity in thought and thinking. Something we can acquire, disseminate and share.
Wan
Aug 8, 2012 22:24
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

The PhD still have privileges in China. If I continue my postgraduate study, I'd better continue to earn PhD degree. Horrible! I'd like to learn some practical knowledge related to my job. It might make me more competent.
Aug 15, 2012 22:07
  • WANHU
Quote:

The PhD still have privileges in China. If I continue my postgraduate study, I'd better continue to earn PhD degree. Horrible! I'd like to learn some practical knowledge related to my job. It might make me more competent.

I am sure you have both explicit and tacit knowledge based from your education and experience. We have training for competency for both public and private sectors. Gaining practical knowledge and competency probably need only training rather than pursuing a higher degree.
Wan
Aug 15, 2012 22:24
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

I am sure you have both explicit and tacit knowledge based from your education and experience. We have training for competency for both public and private sectors. Gaining practical knowledge and competency probably need only training rather than pursuing a higher degree.
Wan

Yes, training is enough. But sometimes your academic degree plays an important role especially when you want to be promoted.

It seems that you have been busy recently, Wan.
Aug 23, 2012 10:19
  • WANHU
Indeed dear Sunnydream. A friend of mine asked me to prepare some litigation papers for him pertaining to family laws. With such a short notice I have to burn my midnight candles.
Wan
Aug 25, 2012 22:47
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Indeed dear Sunnydream. A friend of mine asked me to prepare some litigation papers for him pertaining to family laws. With such a short notice I have to burn my midnight candles.
Wan

No wonder that I haven't seen you here for a while.
Aug 29, 2012 02:01
  • WANHU
Quote:

No wonder that I haven't seen you here for a while.

Finished mine, and they were happy with the papers. Now I have more time to fiddle with my laptop keyboard.
Wan
Aug 29, 2012 21:14
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Finished mine, and they were happy with the papers. Now I have more time to fiddle with my laptop keyboard.
Wan

Welcome back! I should hold a ceremony for you.
Page 7 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Happy Mother's Day!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code