Menu
Beverage = water + food additives?
May 14, 2012 02:49
  • CHERRY07
A Chinese chemistry teacher displays how to make green tea, fruit juice and other kinds of beverages with water and food additives. According to him, most tea and fruit juice beverages are made from water and food additives.

Some of his students put him on the microblogs. Many people who saw it said that they wouldn’t drink beverage anymore.

What do you think of the food additives? Do you drink beverages very often?

May 18, 2012 14:57
  • WANHU
Food additives, artificial colouring and artificial flavour.
Wan
May 20, 2012 01:44
  • SUNNYDREAM
I just drink bottled purified water outside. Some day, Chinese people will disappear in the world. You know why? I really can not understand why Chinese businessmen try to 'kill' their own fellowmen.
May 20, 2012 09:21
  • WANHU
Even purified water sometimes just strained (not really filtered) tap water.
Wan
May 21, 2012 01:09
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Even purified water sometimes just strained (not really filtered) tap water.
Wan

It's true. Should I boil some water at home and bring it when I go outside?
May 21, 2012 06:07
  • WANHU
For me I use both, mineral water and boiled water. Boiled water is without minerals.
Wan
May 22, 2012 02:40
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

For me I use both, mineral water and boiled water. Boiled water is without minerals.
Wan

I doubt if there are minerals in the mineral water. I am not sure if you had heard of Kangshifu mineral water. It was once reported that some factories just put tap water in the bottles and sold them as mineral water.

It seems that I have no choice but drink boiled water.
May 22, 2012 12:29
  • WANHU
Tap water still have minerals, dear Sunnydream, but contains chlorine. Most of the time beside mineral and boiled water, I drink tea. I like both pu'er and lonjing tea.
Wan
May 22, 2012 21:18
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Tap water still have minerals, dear Sunnydream, but contains chlorine. Most of the time beside mineral and boiled water, I drink tea. I like both pu'er and lonjing tea.
Wan

Except chlorine, there are bacteria in the tap water too. That's why we need boil tap water and then drink it.

Previously, I read about that only about 53% water works were disqualified to supply qualified tap water in 2009. I was shocked. A few days later, Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of the People's Republic of China claimed that the qualification rate reached 83% in 2011, meaning that 17% water works still can't supply qualified tap water.

Why can't those disqualified water works be disclosed?
May 22, 2012 22:13
  • WANHU
I have no comment on China domestic affairs. We are supposed to adhere to rules and regulations stipulated, but nought, sometimes people tend to transgress.
Wan
May 22, 2012 22:18
  • WANHU
I used to assist a friend in supplying cooking palm oil but to my dismay he added unauthorised additive for more profit, illicitly. Do you know that most palm oil producers and suppliers are quite reluctant to supply their edible oil to mainland China?
Wan
Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Beverage = water + food additives?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code