Menu
Beverage = water + food additives?
May 24, 2012 01:27
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I used to assist a friend in supplying cooking palm oil but to my dismay he added unauthorised additive for more profit, illicitly. Do you know that most palm oil producers and suppliers are quite reluctant to supply their edible oil to mainland China?
Wan

The palm oil producers and suppliers do not want their reputation to be ruined by Chinese people. If their reputation was ruined, no one would come to by their palm oil.
May 24, 2012 02:38
  • WANHU
Correct.
May 27, 2012 01:17
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Correct.

I'd like to make a wish. Someday, all Chinese food makers will care about their reputation and won't sell 'poisonous or disqualified food' to Chinese people.
May 27, 2012 11:19
  • WANHU
Probably we need societal reforms by inculcating certain social obligations? We definitely need to disseminate this and try to walk our talks, after all charity begins at home.
Wan
May 28, 2012 02:23
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Probably we need societal reforms by inculcating certain social obligations? We definitely need to disseminate this and try to walk our talks, after all charity begins at home.
Wan

I am surprised that Shuanghui (probably China's biggest meat product maker) still produces meat products after it was disclosed that they used clenobuterol hydrochloride to feed pigs. The consumers are very generous. Although they know about what happened, they still buy products from Shuanghui.
May 28, 2012 11:08
  • WANHU
They are adult enough to choose, Sunnydream. Maybe they are not generous but just indifferent.
Wan
May 29, 2012 03:53
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

They are adult enough to choose, Sunnydream. Maybe they are not generous but just indifferent.<br />
Wan

I have to admit that there are many indifferent people in China. But these 'generous consumers' are not indifferent. They actually have other choices. Shuanghui is not the only one meat maker in China.

Bingo. A report said that a consumer bought some ribs in a chain store opened by Shuanghui. When he boiled ribs in water, she found out that there were some white particles in the water. He thought they were maggots and then brought the ribs and boiler to the store. The manager said those white particles could be found in every rib. Then he took out some ribs from the refridgerator and boiled them in water but no white particles were found.

He corrected that some pork ribs did have these white particles but some not.

Last edited by SUNNYDREAM: May 29, 2012 03:56
May 29, 2012 04:58
  • WANHU
I guess I am fortunate that I don't eat meat anymore. I prefer fish and veges.
Wan
May 29, 2012 23:03
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

I guess I am fortunate that I don't eat meat anymore. I prefer fish and veges.
Wan

Fish and vegetables are polluted too. The food safety is too worse in China.
May 30, 2012 10:02
  • WANHU
In the end, eat only biscuits?
Wan
Page 2 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Beverage = water + food additives?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code