Menu
Types of fish
May 22, 2012 02:48
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I like bean curd, but not so much of freshwater when compared to seawater fish. Sometimes I add red dates and wolfberry (goji) to the soup.
Wan

Crucian carp and bean curd soup is good for those moms who just deliver babies and do not have milk to feed their babies. Meanwhile, it is good for ordinary people to absorb proteins in the bean curd.

wolfberry (goji) ? It should be Gouqi in Chinese.

May 22, 2012 12:24
  • WANHU
You're right, Suunydream, dialect differs. Wolfberry is good for blood and spleen.
Wan
May 22, 2012 21:21
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

You're right, Suunydream, dialect differs. Wolfberry is good for blood and spleen.
Wan

Yes, I usually mix wolfberry and red dates with rice when I cook porridge. Sometimes, red beans are added too.
May 22, 2012 21:56
  • WANHU
Have you tried dried longan, dried wolfberry, dried red dates, boiled? You may add a little rock sugar to taste. Sometimes people also add white fungus. It's indeed a healthy drink.
Wan
May 23, 2012 23:19
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Have you tried dried longan, dried wolfberry, dried red dates, boiled? You may add a little rock sugar to taste. Sometimes people also add white fungus. It's indeed a healthy drink.
Wan

Yes, you forget one thing, lotus seeds. Remember to soak lotus seeds in water for a while before you cook it. Otherwise, you will suffer from its bitterness.
May 24, 2012 02:40
  • WANHU
Bitter is good for my blood and health. I even eat bitter gourd, sometimes.
Wan
May 27, 2012 01:14
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Bitter is good for my blood and health. I even eat bitter gourd, sometimes.
Wan

I hate bitter gourd very much. I really can not bear its bitterness.
May 27, 2012 11:25
  • WANHU
Then you may try water gourd soup, with dried bean curd skin, glass noodles. For other ingredients you may add cinnamon bark, clover, garlic, cardamom, and slices of both shallots and onions.
Wan
May 28, 2012 02:17
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Then you may try water gourd soup, with dried bean curd skin, glass noodles. For other ingredients you may add cinnamon bark, clover, garlic, cardamom, and slices of both shallots and onions.
Wan

The main ingredient is bitter gourd, right? I hesitate to give it a try, Wan. I learned that quick-boiling bitter gourd pieces can remove its bitterness. I tried and it didn't work well.
May 28, 2012 11:12
  • WANHU
There are many types of gourd. Bitter, water, ridged, etc. As you can't eat (because you don't like) bitter gourd, I recommend water gourd instead.
Wan
Page 2 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Types of fish
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code