Menu
Types of fish
Jul 10, 2012 20:44
  • WANHU
Spring onion is soft while lemon grass is hard. It's almost like sugar cane, as they are from the grass family.
Wan
Jul 22, 2012 23:04
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Spring onion is soft while lemon grass is hard. It's almost like sugar cane, as they are from the grass family.
Wan

Thanks for your explanation, Wan. Last weekend, I went to the supermarket to buy vegetables. I noticed that there wasn't lemon grass.
Jul 23, 2012 09:54
  • WANHU
Maybe not available in China because I think it grows in tropical countries, but I need to check that statement. I also didn't find any in Beijing or Shanghai supermarkets. I will check whether they have in Xianggang or Shenzhen supermarkets or wet markets.
Wan
Jul 24, 2012 22:33
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

Maybe some foreign supermarkets have, such as walmart, Metro and Carrfour. Unfortunately, there isn't any of them in my city.
Jul 25, 2012 03:07
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

Wan,

Maybe some foreign supermarkets have, such as walmart, Metro and Carrfour. Unfortunately, there isn't any of them in my city.

Usually these supermarkets have good imported products.
Wan
Jul 25, 2012 22:05
Quote:

Usually these supermarkets have good imported products.
Wan

Walmart and Carrefour are invloved in scandals many times in China. I have been to these two supermarkets in Xian. There are not many kinds of imported products. Carrefour was closed but Walmart expands quickly in Xian.

Metro is not opened to individuals.
Jul 26, 2012 15:31
  • WANHU
Metro or Makro?
Wan
Jul 29, 2012 02:30
Quote:

Metro or Makro?
Wan

Metro. It isn't opened for the individual buyers but for its members. To be a member, you must be a corp and submit many ducuments, for example, a copy of your corporate business license.

According to what I find, the prices are more expensive. But they offer many imported products.

Jul 29, 2012 03:36
  • WANHU
Makro, a Dutch company used to exist in Malaysia. Like your Metro, it opened for business people, but not doing well. Later was taken over by Tesco. Makro still exists in Thailand.
Wan
Jul 29, 2012 22:36
Wan,

Metro was born in Germany. They sell things to wholesale clients, not retail clients. Take coke for example, if you need several boxes of coke, you can go to Metro. Of course, you have to be a member first. If you just want two or three bottles of coke, I suggest you go to other supermarkets like Walmart.

In recent years, Metro have started to sell things to retail clients. But the prices aren't cheap. They offere many kinds of imported things.

Here is an interesting thing about Metro: Children below 1.2 meters are not allowed to enter Metro. Why? Drivers sitting in fork-lift machinery can not see them. It is too dangerous to let them get in.
Page 6 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Types of fish
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code