Menu
Dare you sell all your family estate to travel round the world?
May 22, 2012 01:41
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 4 vote(s)
  2. 7 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A Chinese couple sold all their family estate and bought two recreational cars in the USA this February, planning a trip to travel around the world. These two cars cost them more than CNY 800,000.

"If you have a dream, do your best to make it come true when you are young. Do not feel pity when you are old. ”, said the husband. So far, he has invited 12 enthusiastic travelers (including him) to join his world tour. The oldest was born in 1977 and other travelers were born in 1980s. Adam, a young French, is only 17 years old.

The 12 young travelers set Xian as their first destination. On May 20, they arrived in Xian. Then they will run to Guangxi and enter Vietnam and Thailand after. They planned to visit about 60 countries in 500 days.

May 22, 2012 04:38
  • WANHU
I will travel within my ability and will never sell my family estate (if I have).
Wan
May 22, 2012 21:48
  • SUNNYDREAM
Lonely,

The couple just changed all their family estates into two recreational cars. The cars are their properties. Once they finish their world trip, they can sell their recreational cars and buy apartment and family car. If possible, they can make money by writing a book about their world trip.
May 23, 2012 10:17
  • WANHU
How much they can sell their mobile or motor homes? They are not like a house where the price never goes down. Furthermore, after 500 days of travelling to various countries, with wear and tear, the price depreciates. By looking at the picture of the two cars, with price depreciation, I don't think they would be able to buy a new apartment and a family car in China. Perhaps they can buy a house in Sadao, Southern Thailand.
Wan
May 23, 2012 22:53
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

The second-hand recreational cars may not be sold as expensively as they bought. But they are still worth some money. The unforgettable experiences in their world trips are their spiritual wealth. They never depreciate.

As I said they might make some money by writing books. Today, there are some professional travelers who make money by traveling. Many of them write books and are sponsored by some people or corps.
May 24, 2012 01:48
  • WANHU
Their experience won't depreciate but can't buy an apartment.
Wan
May 24, 2012 02:06
  • WANHU
Dear Sunnydream, I have done some travels, and using one's own vehicle is not cheap. The cars may cost RMB100k each, and think of the fuel they would be using, unless at the same time they bring along some Chinese products to sell, but I doubt they do. Anyway, each country differs in fuel prices and food. I'm sure by end of 500 days they would have spent a lot of money on fuel, and looking at world's crude oil price, it's not cheap.

Publishing a book to relate their experience depends on publisher, and how much they would get their worth, either by token or by copyrights. Usually to produce one book at least need 8 months that include editing, proof-reading, printing, etc.

I think if they travel with public transport is cheaper.
May 27, 2012 01:23
  • SUNNYDREAM
Yes, it is cheaper to travel by public transport means. Let's see if they can complete their trips.

I am worried about that if the countries allow them to enter their lands.
May 27, 2012 07:07
  • WANHU
They need driving proper licence. They can't use international driving licence because China doesn't sign the pack for IDP. Thus they need special approval to drive as well as using vehicle from China. Adam is a French but too young to drive and own an International Driving Licence or Permit.
Wan
May 28, 2012 02:56
Update:

These guys are really rich. The report said that they collected about 8 million rmb to finish their world trip. It's too luxury.

Wan, driving license is a problem for them. I really can not figure out how they solve it.
May 28, 2012 10:18
  • WANHU
My friends travel with their super bikes. Through Kunming, they are only allowed to use gravel and laterite roads. Simply because our driving licence do not allow us to drive in China. During rainy season it might be too slippery.
Wan
Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dare you sell all your family estate to travel round the world?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code