Menu
Dare you sell all your family estate to travel round the world?
May 29, 2012 04:13
These guys have a Weibo account. I already followed their account. I'd like to see how they realize their world trip.
May 29, 2012 04:20
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

The mainland China doesn't sign the pack for IDP. But there might be another way for them to get international driver license. Someone said people from the mainland China could pass the exam and get the driver license in HK. Then HK can give them IDP.

Also, I heard that Chinese tourists just needed to translate and notarize their driver license in order to drive in some foreign countries.
May 29, 2012 06:51
  • WANHU
Yes they can but need to sit for the written and simple driving tests. But for most other countries, they don't need to, only need to apply IDP.
Wan
May 30, 2012 01:07
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Yes they can but need to sit for the written and simple driving tests. But for most other countries, they don't need to, only need to apply IDP.
Wan

In some countries, they just need to show their notarized and translated driver license and then they can drive. My friend told me that he drove in the USA in this way. But he was allowed to drive for three monthes at most. This is enough for a tourist.

May 30, 2012 01:19
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Update:

These guys are really rich. The report said that they collected about 8 million rmb to finish their world trip. It's too luxury.

Where and how did they collect so much money? for travelling?? I want to join them too. , or it is better if I can collect some money for my individual trip?
May 30, 2012 08:53
  • WANHU
Dear Laugh, they sold their family estate.
Wan
May 30, 2012 22:41
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAUGH

Where and how did they collect so much money? for travelling?? I want to join them too. , or it is better if I can collect some money for my individual trip?

Well, you may not have such a luxurious trip like them. Here is a plan: list all countries that you want to visit and then visit one or two in a year. I think that you will visit them all when you are too old to walk.
May 31, 2012 03:12
  • LAUGH
Dear Wan, I have no property to sell so far, but I like travel. It is my dream if I will earn money whilst travelling. Not practical because I have not yet done any work for my dream.

Sunnydream, I am doing this now, but I do have too many destinations in mind. Break time is too short and it is really bad if hurry up for everything during travel.
May 31, 2012 05:18
  • WANHU
Maybe, like I said before in one of my posts, find some people who want to travel to a common destination, you can book the hotel, book ground transport, book flights and get some commissions as well as profits, these perhaps would lighten up some burden you may face. Provide interesting itinerary to persuade them to travel with you.
Wan
Jun 3, 2012 01:18
  • SUNNYDREAM
Laugh,

That's why you have to travel with your friends or alone. They won't urge you to go quickly at the scenic area like a tour guide.

Like Wan said, make out a good itinerary and find some friends who are willing to join in you and then start your trip. It will be much more interesting.
Page 2 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dare you sell all your family estate to travel round the world?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code