Menu
Pickled mustard green
May 31, 2012 11:40
  • DAVEC
pounds (lb) and ounces are a british thing, as we are part of europe the big wigs demanded we change to kilos the same as them.
although some people changed the rest of us still deal in what we want and understand.

mind you, these are the people who wanted us to join europe and all use the euro currency, we said no because it would have problems and we have been proved right. maybe europe will come back to our methods of weighing sometime
May 31, 2012 11:42
  • DAVEC
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Dave,

Please tell me no matter you succeed or fail to make it. If you fail, I will find some more recipes for you.

will do, I would still love new recipes too.

I almost forgot, its coming up to my companies yearly competition and I will be entering the photos and food comps again. fingers crossed I can win once more
Jun 1, 2012 11:39
  • WANHU
Dave, I'm not sure, was it Maastricht treaty that started the ball rolling for a common currency for EU? Anyway I lost a few Italian Lira when it was abolished. Whenever I travel, I also like to collect some recipe books.

I do hope you win that competition.

Wan
Jun 2, 2012 22:05
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

will do, I would still love new recipes too.

I almost forgot, its coming up to my companies yearly competition and I will be entering the photos and food comps again. fingers crossed I can win once more

Ok, I will find some as soon as possible. Recently, I have been a little busy at weekends.

Forget to say, wish you could win more prizes in this year's photo and food competitions. Do not forget to share us your photos if you won.
Jun 21, 2012 12:25
  • DAVEC
I am embarrassed to report I won nothing for my photography, although I did get a 2nd prize for my cooking. I did a sweet and sour dish which they liked, traditional Chinese recipe not the sickly sweet western version.
Jun 21, 2012 21:50
  • WANHU
Davec, we do our best but judges decide otherwise. Perhaps you will have a better luck next time. Anyway congrats for your runner-up your cooking contest.
Wan
Jun 21, 2012 21:51
  • WANHU
for your cooking contest*
Jun 22, 2012 15:05
  • DAVEC
Thank you.

Photography is a very subjective thing, what one person likes another hates so its always difficult to know what the judges prefer.
Jun 24, 2012 02:26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

I am embarrassed to report I won nothing for my photography, although I did get a 2nd prize for my cooking. I did a sweet and sour dish which they liked, traditional Chinese recipe not the sickly sweet western version.

So judges like the sweet and sour Chinese dish? What is the name of the dish?

Sorry to hear that you failed in the photo contest. Would you mind uploading your picture here? Recently, I have taken some photos of peonies in Xian.

Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Pickled mustard green
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code