Menu
Prostitutes talk to each other and laugh as usual in prison
May 30, 2012 23:21
  • LAUGH
I can not say if this is wrong, but I can not understand what is in their mind. There's no way to stop prostitution, but prison is a place where I think cool and dark, with air of fear. How do they act like that, dare they don’t worry about any punishment on them!!

May 31, 2012 05:24
  • WANHU
Laugh, it's a demand and supply theory puts into practice. Even if they go to prison, it's not that they won't be given meals. Their crime is not the same as hardcore criminals, so they will be given light duty.

If they don't get caught which is likely will be deported if they are foreigners, it means hefty income without needing any academic qualifications.

Wan
May 31, 2012 05:30
  • WANHU
From the picture, it's not a prison dear Laugh, probably just a police lock-up or an immigration detention centre.
Wan
May 31, 2012 23:15
  • LAUGH
Ok, I see. It may be not in prison, but it is interesting that you enlighten me up by explaining they will be given meals there. haha.. Anyway, their attitude makes me angry, I don't know what the policemen will react. They may have less duty but should be punished. I agree your opinion that it is easy to make money this way, and for sure when there is a huge demand.
Jun 1, 2012 00:56
  • WANHU
That is life, dear Laugh. Sometimes things go around us that we dislike but we can't do anything.
Wan
Jun 2, 2012 22:41
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

That is life, dear Laugh. Sometimes things go around us that we dislike but we can't do anything.
Wan

It's true. We were not them and couldn't understand what they thought and what kind life they lived on. Perhaps, they are despaired. That's why become prostitutes. In our eyes, they have no dignity and sell their bodies to make money. But what makes them become prostitutes? How can we help them? These are what we should care about.
Jun 3, 2012 06:52
GUEST27674 Prostitution is said to be the oldest profession. While men are will ling to pay, women will be willing to provide. Who is the perpetrator? If there was no demand there would be no prostitution.

Where do we draw the line? If a woman sleeps with a man after he takes her out for a meal is that prostitution. Is the mistress of a rich man a prostitute? Unless she is forced, surely a woman should be free to earn her living as she wishes.
Jun 3, 2012 22:27
  • WANHU
So are bribes and corruptions, no demand and then no supply. Do we detest corruptions? Usually prostitution is associated with payment for sexual service(s) rendered, either in money or in kind. It doesn't matter how much, either over a meal or being paid 2000 per service or a house, as long as it involves payment, to me is prostitution. I agree with Guest27674, a woman is free to earn her living as she wishes, only don't feel sad or angry if she is called a prostitute.
Wan
Jun 5, 2012 02:07
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

prostitute is a derogatory term. Sex worker is a better word.
Jun 5, 2012 21:05
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM View Post

But what makes them become prostitutes? How can we help them? These are what we should care about.

social reality increases their desire for money and better life, but they lack skills to reach their goal. In addition of the inducement from a "proper guide", they may not need help from others for their own life they choose. I agree with both Wan and Guest27674, a woman is free to earn her living as she wishes. But if the society deem prostitution a crime, then, it should be in accordance with law and punishment.
Jun 6, 2012 00:42
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

Wan,

prostitute is a derogatory term. Sex worker is a better word.

Sunnydream, the term portrays and conveys that it is not a becoming profession.
Wan
Page 1 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Prostitutes talk to each other and laugh as usual in prison
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code