Menu
What do you do to kill time while traveling?
Jun 3, 2012 03:28
  • RAINDROP
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 31 vote(s)
  2. 15 vote(s)
  3. 10 vote(s)
  4. 4 vote(s)
  5. 21 vote(s)
  6. 21 vote(s)
  7. 9 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Before setting off on my journey, I am very excited. When I am on the bus or train, I feel bored because I do not want to waste my time here. After traveling a few times, I have known some ways to kill time.

To me, I usually copy some movies to my cellphone and watch them on the bus or train. Reading books or magazines is also nice. But I am not that kind of person who can stare at the words on the books for a long time. It’s boring.

What do you do to kill time while traveling?
Jun 3, 2012 08:55
  • ATTA_BUTT
If I want to see new places during my travel, I prefer to see out side.
Jun 3, 2012 21:37
  • RAINDROP
Haha, five guys use the same way like me to kill time on the train or bus.

Atta, what can you see if your train travel at night? It's dark outside.

Honestly, I can't have a sound sleep on the train. It's bumpy and noisy. Last time, I slept in the soft berth on the train. The door was closed and there was a guy who snored so loud. He made me almost awake all night.

Anyway, pray that you won't meet people who snore loud or have smelly feet in the sleeping carriage.
Jun 3, 2012 23:15
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP View Post

Haha, five guys use the same way like me to kill time on the train or bus.

Atta, what can you see if your train travel at night? It's dark outside.

Honestly, I can't have a sound sleep on the train. It's bumpy and noisy. Last time, I slept in the soft berth on the train. The door was closed and there w...

Do you know about the technology of "Night Vision Device? haha, Its very costly and only used in heavy industries. in addition I Wouldn't like to explain it here in public.
Jun 3, 2012 23:32
  • WANHU
I only read when I travel by aeroplane. Land transport? I tend to have motion sickness so I seldom, now none at all. Going back to my hometown that takes about 8 hours by bus, usually I travel at night. When travelling abroad, if more than 6 hour-journey then I'd take a flight.

Usually using land transport, I will have a friend with me, and we talk about books, politics, etc.

Wan
Jun 4, 2012 01:30
I prefer singing alone when I felt sick I really find it is a good amusement for me although I am not a good singer

Jun 5, 2012 01:24
  • WANHU
Only don't sing too loud in public places.
Wan
Jun 5, 2012 21:40
  • ENID
If it is dark outside, I will sleep. haha I vote for listening to music, but if there is one I can talk with, I will not waste time to ruin my ear. It is great that time goes quickly if I find someone talkative

I also have motion sickness, so I have to create a diversion when travel by train and long distance bus.
Jun 5, 2012 21:49
  • ENID
Quote:

Originally Posted by CINDYZHANG11824

I prefer singing alone when I felt sick I really find it is a good amusement for me although I am not a good singer

I admire your courage. but I am sick of being a focus or you can say I am lack of confidence.
Jun 5, 2012 23:48
  • WANHU
When I was travelling from Gongbei to Guangzhou, I saw one girl using earphone I suppose listening to some songs, but I could hear the music coming from her earphone. I wonder how her ears could take the loud music.
Wan
Jun 6, 2012 04:25
Wan,

She is much more civilized than some people who play music with their cellphones in public. They are noisy.
Page 1 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you do to kill time while traveling?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code