Menu
'A Bite of China’ VS ‘China Food Security’
Jul 20, 2012 23:33
  • WANHU
She was indeed a great mom. Do you know that she learnt how to read ABC when she was 54 when she enrolled herself for adult education class? When she's gone we can only keep her in our minds. Lonely, try your best to love your parents and do things that please them (within your ability) while they are still alive.

Wan
Jul 22, 2012 02:44
Wan,

I will do my best to take care of my parents within my ability. My sister and I planned to bring my parents to have a family trip. My parents wants to visit Beijing. Now we are working on it and hope that our family trip can begin soon.
Jul 22, 2012 22:22
  • RAINDROP
Great job and have fun, Lonely.
Beside supporting my parents with money, I often buy for them clothes, tea pot and cups, and other necessities which I think they may like. Because I found that they are mean to buy something with the money I gave them. Taking them to travel around is a good idea.
Jul 23, 2012 09:48
  • WANHU
Raindrop, if you bring your parents to a restaurant, what kind of restaurant would you choose, taking into consideration of "food security"?
Wan
Aug 16, 2012 04:21
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Raindrop, if you bring your parents to a restaurant, what kind of restaurant would you choose, taking into consideration of "food security"?
Wan

Those restaurants who have good reputation. I also take sanitary condition into consideration. I am sure that you won't eat in a restaurant whose floor, table and chair are dirty. Right?
Aug 29, 2012 09:02
  • WANHU
In my locality, we have food stalls which are not restaurants. The stalls are make-shift huts, sometimes made from bamboo. Of course the plates, cups, chopstick, spoons are clean. This kind of stall also famous in Southern Thailand.
Wan
Aug 29, 2012 20:19
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

In my locality, we have food stalls which are not restaurants. The stalls are make-shift huts, sometimes made from bamboo. Of course the plates, cups, chopstick, spoons are clean. This kind of stall also famous in Southern Thailand.
Wan

It must be a good experience to dine at such a food stall. Last weekend, I went to a shopping mall. There I found a food delicacy city. Frankly speaking, it is just a place full of food stalls. The environment was nice. You could see clearly how the cook prepares food for you. It made me feel safe.
Sep 8, 2012 06:38
  • WANHU
Dear Raindrop, here we call it food court.
Wan
Sep 13, 2012 23:02
  • RAINDROP
Oh, I see. Food stall is a single food stand, but many will group a food court.
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 'A Bite of China’ VS ‘China Food Security’
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code