Menu
Do you believe the existence of the vampire?
Jun 10, 2012 04:06
  • BBQQ
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 30 vote(s)
  2. 26 vote(s)
  3. 27 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A Bulgarian history professor found 70 bodies between 13th-14th century in a burial ground in Sozopol, an ancient town in Bulgaria. Two of them were discovered that iron stakes or rods were put through their hearts.

According to him, there is a belief that people who spilled much blood during their life will become vampires and will be walking zombies attacking the living people. To prevent this after the death of such people, their bodies were stabbed with an iron or wooden rod.

It’s frightening. Could the vampire really exist?

Jun 11, 2012 09:37
  • WANHU
Families that practised withcraft?
Wan
Jun 11, 2012 22:18
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Families that practised withcraft?
Wan

I do not know. But it is said that Dracula preferred to drink his enemies' blood. That's why he became a vampire in movies. In fact, he isn't a vampire but a brave warrior and hero in Romania.
Jun 12, 2012 03:22
  • WANHU
BBQ have you ever heard that werewolf really exists?
Wan
Jun 16, 2012 05:29
  • CARLOS
The only thing that the stabbed skeletors may prove is that there were some people who did believe in vampires.

As I recall in angient Hungary, now in Romania there was an Lord called Vlad Tepes aka Vlad Dracul aka Vlad the Impaler (used the google translator for "impaler" (Tepes, I think, also means "impaler". There were many stories about him because he was very affected to "butcher-parties" where plenty of people were killed and impaled.
The turkish called him "the lord of impale" or something like that.

As we all know the stories tell that Dracula was the first vampire. It is very easy to understand how those stories were born and changed by the unciviliced people in the dark middle age.

Carlos

Ps.
I like blood...
We make blood crepes and enjoy them with lingonberry jam...
Jun 18, 2012 03:00
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ View Post

A Bulgarian history professor found 70 bodies between 13th-14th century in a burial ground in Sozopol, an ancient town in Bulgaria. Two of them were discovered that iron stakes or rods were put through their hearts.

According to him, there is a belief that people who spilled much blood during their life will become vampires an...

To conclude that they were vampires from 1.4% of people with stakes stabbed on the chests? There are of course some unverified stories about vampires and through circumstantial evidence, they were burnt to death at stakes, as happened to witches in the 16th Century in Pennsylvania, Scotland, etc. I did visit the Castle Hill, Edinburgh where it was pointed out where the witches were burnt. I don't really know whether vampires exist or not; the stories brought to us mostly are through oral traditions. We can never rely on movies as main source of true information.
Wan
Jun 29, 2012 00:43
  • ROCK104
I not only believe in vampires - I know 3 personnally. They drink blood(mostly their own)
Do they have immortality ? That is still to be determined...
Why do you ask?
Jul 1, 2012 01:14
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCK104

I not only believe in vampires - I know 3 personnally. They drink blood(mostly their own)
Do they have immortality ? That is still to be determined...
Why do you ask?

Really? It's lucky that you haven't been eaten up.
May 6, 2014 08:52
GUESTAUTUMN96 I want to believe in vampires, because the idea that hollywood and other stories ahve presented seems so intriguing. I meana an actual honest to god immortal, damned soul, fangs, blood thirsy but tamed vampire. But all I see in life are people ignorant and nice and animals fierce and feeble. I see the usual. I'm not saying a raid on earth of blood sucking dangerous vampires would be cool, but yeah. I don't know. My imagination doesn't know either.
May 28, 2014 05:23
  • MARK_81
Well I dated a girl once who called herself a vampire obviously she couldn't fly around or anything like that but she looked like a vampire, lived like one too!! lol
Apr 9, 2017 13:21
GUEST98117 Guys I have an important question do witches exist? I am 10 years old and saw one in my dream I am so scared
Post a Reply to: Do you believe the existence of the vampire?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code