Menu
Baby Tigers Go out of the Zoo to Have a Walk in Public
Oct 14, 2012 02:18
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I don't really look forward to eating moon cakes not only for health reasons but really not to my taste but still I buy them for friends and families.
Wan

Yes, Wan. It's a tradtion to send moon cakes to friends and relatives before the Mid-Autumn Day. But pure edible moon cakes are not popular anymore. Gold or silver moon cakes are favored especially when you try to maitain your connections with someone.

Wan, some moon cakes contain too much sugar. A young Chinese guy ate 12 moon cakes when he stayed up at an internet bar. After a while, he threw up and couldn't stand up after he peed. He called an ambulance and was sent to the hospital.

The doctor told him that he was lack of Kalium. When the sugar transforms in cells, kalium is needed. Unfortunately, his body is lack of kalium. Then he paralysed for a second.

Oct 14, 2012 16:46
  • WANHU
Lonely, you mean kalium (potassium) or calcium? Taking more sugar will increase potassium level, not decreasing it.
Wan
Oct 16, 2012 03:55
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Lonely, you mean kalium (potassium) or calcium? Taking more sugar will increase potassium level, not decreasing it.
Wan

Wan,

According to the doctor, a large amount of carbohydrate arrived at his stomach after he ate 12 moon cakes. Then carbohydrate transforms into glucose after digestion. With the rise of blood glucose, his body secreted insulin in order to make blood glucose change into glycogen. This process needs potassium. In other words, potasium is consumed when the blood glucose change into glycogen.

He ate 12 moon cakes and they turned into a large quantity of blood glucose. In order to transform blood glucose into glycogen, a lot of potassium has been consumed.

His body lacks potasium and then cyclic paralysis is caused.
Page 5 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Baby Tigers Go out of the Zoo to Have a Walk in Public
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code