Menu
What do you think of those drivers who kill animals on the road by accident?
Jun 18, 2012 04:34
  • BBQQ
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 9 vote(s)
  2. 6 vote(s)
  3. 1 vote(s)
  4. 1 vote(s)
  5. 2 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
What do you think of those drivers who kill animals on the road by accident?
Jun 18, 2012 12:03
  • WANHU
The message is very clear: by accident, thus unintentional. What kind of animals, dear BBQQ, wild? How about its owner?
Wan
Jun 18, 2012 21:37
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

The message is very clear: by accident, thus unintentional. What kind of animals, dear BBQQ, wild? How about its owner?
Wan

I am sorry that I didn't make it clear. I started this vote because of a piece of news.

A driver hit a little dog when he drove on the road. He stopped and checked if the dog was ok. Suddenly, the dog ran away. Then he drove away. It happened on April 13.

A few days later, he received a call from a traffic police, saying he was involved in a traffic accident. When he arrived at the police station, a man claimed that his dog was hit by the driver and was dead. He asked the driver to compensate him CNY 900. The driver refused and said he was willing to give him CNY 200 at most. The dog’s owner didn’t agree. Thus, they didn’t reach an agreement.

On June 6, the local traffic police found him and told that he should be fined below CNY 2000 and detained less than 15 days because he hit the dog and ran away. The driver didn’t admit that he ran away and refused to pay the fine. He hired a lawyer to deal with this.

According to his lawyer, the dog’s owner was mainly responsible for his dog’s death because he didn’t take care of it very well. The driver just was partially responsible because he didn’t drive carefully and hit the dog.

Who do you think should be primarily responsible for the dog’s death? Is it reasonable that the driver should be fined CNY 2000 and detained less than 15 days?
Jun 19, 2012 01:06
  • WANHU
Everyone should be responsible for what happened. It may be an accident, something unintentional but it happened probably due to negligence, etc. The owner too, why let a dog run loose?

In today's society, people with indifference attitude, it's not easy to determine unless we have a video footage like the toddler in Foshan being ran over by two vans, and the infamous Nanjing judge that adds salt to injury. In some cases people are too quick to make a fast buck.

I apologise to sidetrack the issue, but what I'd like to drive through is the what kind of attitude we should have?

Wan
Jun 19, 2012 23:24
  • DODGER
So it bad to accidently kill a dog but it’s perfectly OK to kill a baby.

Dodger.
Jun 20, 2012 03:27
  • WANHU
Sometimes you could be accused of killing a dead dog -- for money.
Wan
Jun 20, 2012 21:09
Quote:

Sometimes you could be accused of killing a dead dog -- for money.
Wan

I wonder when the dog was dead. The driver said that the dog was ok when he drove away. Did the dog's owner want to set the driver up for getting compensation?

Jun 21, 2012 00:53
  • WANHU
We don't know, Lonely. He may or he may not.
Wan
Jun 24, 2012 03:59
Quote:

We don't know, Lonely. He may or he may not.
Wan

It's a pity if he really did it. The dog is innocent but someone uses him to get some money.
Jun 24, 2012 08:40
  • WANHU
It happened before
Wan
Jul 5, 2012 01:12
Quote:

It happened before
Wan

Yes, a lot of times because some people have totally become money oriented.
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of those drivers who kill animals on the road by accident?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code