Menu
Two passengers drank 16 bottles of Coca Cola one after another at Guangzhou Airport.
Jun 21, 2012 03:53
The drinks were actually prepared for the long fly. But it turned out that passengers were not allowed to take so much liquid into the cabin and were asked to throw them away at the security check by the airport staff. In order not to waste the drinks, the two passengers sat there and drank them before boarding. Take this lesson and do not bring too much liquid for a fly. Actually, one doesn’t need to bring any drink at all. They are all available on the plane.
Jun 21, 2012 10:07
  • WANHU
Yes, the question is why prohibit liquid more than 100ml if people can buy from the shop in the departure hall? It's really not the security issue, I think. If the passengers want to bring in poison, a bottle of 100ml can put poison too.
Wan
Jun 21, 2012 22:26
  • RAINDROP
Obviously they are Coca Cola fans. Water is available on the plane, as well as other drinks. I don't like carbonated drinks at all.
Jun 22, 2012 07:07
  • WANHU
Carbonated drinks are just flavour, tap water and almost 30% sugar. Real bad for health especially those with pancreas ailment and disorder.
Wan
Jun 24, 2012 02:30
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Yes, the question is why prohibit liquid more than 100ml if people can buy from the shop in the departure hall? It's really not the security issue, I think. If the passengers want to bring in poison, a bottle of 100ml can put poison too.
Wan

Wan, this is the rule. The quantity is not the problem but the weight indeed is. Otherwise, the airline needn't require the passengers to bring luggage under the limit.
Jun 24, 2012 12:01
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Wan, this is the rule. The quantity is not the problem but the weight indeed is. Otherwise, the airline needn't require the passengers to bring luggage under the limit.

I can bring as many bottle of drinks I can carry on flight as long as I purchase from the shops in the departure hall, but of course the price is very steep. That's why I said it defeats the purpose of prohibiting to bring liquid more than 100ml of each bottle of not more than 1000ml.
Wan
Jun 24, 2012 12:11
  • WANHU
I was once not allowed to bring in my luggage because it has 1000 litres of extra virgin olive oil. The security officer explained to me, if the bottle breaks it would cause somethings hazardous to the aircraft but I was allowed to bring in a few bottles of mineral water. I brought along the water because we would arrive past midnight and probably not easy to find grocery stores that were still opened. We plan to move direct to Shunde with a van that we have booked. For cargo people can bring in water as per allowed, and if using AirAsia, a maximum of 40kg per passenger, and each luggage the weight must not be more than 32kg.
Wan
Jun 25, 2012 22:14
Wan,

Coke might be different from mineral water. If you shake it heavily, it might break and spread. Very dangerous. Just my guess.

PS: These two passengers also bring some milk and water. After drinking 16 bottles of coke, they are very full and couldn't drink milk and water up.
Jun 27, 2012 03:26
  • WANHU
Whatever you can carry in your bag that you bought from the shop at the departure hall (after the security check) you can bring on board, be they wine, coke, etc, not only mineral water. For some airlines, outside food are not allowed to consume on flight, so need to keep in your bag and put in the overhead compartment until you arrive at your destination.
Wan
Jun 27, 2012 22:20
Wan,

I searched and found out that passengers who take Chinese domestic flights are forbidden to take any kind of liquid except cosmetics (each kind must be below 100 ml and will be required to be opened and checked before boarding the plane).
Jul 3, 2012 18:22
  • WANHU
The regulation is only for international flights, each liquid should be less than 100ml, an not more than 10 articles. From my experience in some domestic flights they never disallowed me taking 1 bottle of mineral water. I experienced one time on my flight from Shenzhen to Xiamen, the security officer asked me to throw away the water even less than 100ml in my water flask.
Wan
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Two passengers drank 16 bottles of Coca Cola one after another at Guangzhou Airport.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code