Menu
Who is the one to blame?
Jun 24, 2012 01:27
  • JIMMYB
Shanghai Subway issues a post on its official micro-blog, calling female passengers to ‘behave themselves’. The post is meant to remind female passengers that they shouldn’t wear too less in public in case of being sexually harassed. However, some girls think that they have freedom to wear any clothes they like. On the other hand, it’s the subway’s duty to stop sexual harassment on the subway.

Summer is too hot but a good time for young ladies. In this season, young girls prefer to wear fewer clothes to show off their curves. No doubt, ladies with fewer clothes can draw much attention. But they also get themselves in trouble.

I do admit that girls have their rights to wear anything they like. But they need to respect other people. You can wear nothing or just a piece of cloth at home but you have to dress decently in public.

What do you think?

Last edited by JIMMYB: Jun 24, 2012 01:27
Jun 24, 2012 09:19
  • WANHU
Some places have code of conducts for people to adhere especially in government offices and public places, certain areas where people are prohibited to smoke. Although there are arguments about clothes and sexual harassment, its pros and cons, still the authority needs to draw the dos and don'ts in public places. People always thought of their rights but seldom think of thers' rights. Just like smoking, smokers demand for their right to smoke, and how about non-smokers, don't they have their rights too?
Wan
Jun 26, 2012 03:52
People always thought of their rights but seldom think of thers' rights. Just like smoking, smokers demand for their right to smoke, and how about non-smokers, don't they have their rights too?

Well said. But two girls are unhappy with the Shanghai Subway. They hold a board to protest on the subway. It says "Wo Ke Yi Sao, Ni Bu Ke Yi Rao (I can be sexy but you shouldn't disturb me)".

I want to tell them "It is on the subway not at your home. Behave yourself."

Jun 26, 2012 08:49
  • WANHU
Women's emancipation but steered the wrong way. We need to study and understand and not imitating.
Wan
Jun 26, 2012 21:06
  • RAINDROP
How about men with their coat off in public places?

Jun 26, 2012 22:43
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

How about men with their coat off in public places?

He is uncivilized. I think that China sould establish a law on regulating its citizen's dress in public. People dare to wear anything they like because no regulation tell sthem they should and shouldn't wear.
Jun 26, 2012 22:44
  • WANHU
Coat off? There are people who carry their coats instead of wearing them.
Wan
Jun 27, 2012 23:05
  • KEVIN0518
The Shanghai Subway was right. In my opinion, girls who dress themselves too sexily should be driven out of the subway. Why? They disturb ordinary passengers on the subway.

I am with Lonely. A set of rules on guiding people how to dress in public should be made out as soon as possible. HK metro has its own passenger's guidance, which opposes 'inappropriate dress' and 'inappropriate behavior that might disturb other passengers'.

These two girls might wear sexy clothes like that girl in black and experience the HK metro. I guess that they will be driven out of the metro.

In the end, I have something to say "Girls, you can be sexy but please do not disturb other people in public."
Last edited by KEVIN0518: Jun 27, 2012 23:06
Jun 28, 2012 04:32
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Coat off? There are people who carry their coats instead of wearing them.
Wan

Sorry Wan, I mean half-naked.
Jun 28, 2012 04:35
  • RAINDROP
BTW, over-revealing clothes is fashion in summer.
Jun 30, 2012 12:51
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

Sorry Wan, I mean half-naked.

Probably also not proper.
Wan
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who is the one to blame?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code