Menu
Do lineal descendants of the monks/ nuns have rights to the inheritance?
Jul 16, 2012 19:19
  • WANHU
I'm just thinking aloud, Lonely because in Malaysia, mosques also one of the tourist attractions but non-Muslims are allowed to enter without any fee, visitors with short skirts are provided suitable garments to wear, also free.
Wan
Jul 16, 2012 22:18
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I'm just thinking aloud, Lonely because in Malaysia, mosques also one of the tourist attractions but non-Muslims are allowed to enter without any fee, visitors with short skirts are provided suitable garments to wear, also free.
Wan

See, Chinese people are smarter. They never give up a chance to make money even at religious sites.

Great Mosque in Xian is famous but it also charges admission fee. I have been there two times.
Jul 18, 2012 20:35
  • WANHU
The money doesn't go to the government but probably to the respective religious fund.
Wan
Jul 19, 2012 01:53
Quote:

The money doesn't go to the government but probably to the respective religious fund.<br />
Wan

It's hard to tell because I am not the one who collects the money. I just see monks in temples become plump. Some of them even have iphone and DSLR. You know that these things are not cheap.

Last year, a monk asked me to take a photo for him when I was on Mt. Jiuhua. When he handed his camera to me, I was a bit surprised. It was a brand new Nikon DSLR. At that moment, I was thinking it was his camera or it belonged to his temple.
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Jul 19, 2012 01:57
Jul 20, 2012 16:09
  • WANHU
It shows the monk knows photography, and he buys only the best. Lonely, I'm not surprised if he has Canon 60D. It's a good camera.
Wan
Jul 22, 2012 02:54
Quote:

It shows the monk knows photography, and he buys only the best. Lonely, I'm not surprised if he has Canon 60D. It's a good camera.
Wan

Wan, I am just curious that where he got the money to buy such a good camera. If his camera belongs to his temple, then I have no doubt. But I have doubt if it belongs to him.
Jul 22, 2012 22:10
  • RAINDROP
I have once seen three monks who buy stuff at Saige computer market. They were interested in a laptop.
Last edited by RAINDROP: Jul 22, 2012 22:24
Jul 23, 2012 02:58
  • WANHU
Monks are following the modern trend, Raindrop. Some of them are having laptops, and I saw some of them using laptops during flights.
Wan
Jul 31, 2012 22:27
  • ENID
Traditionally, monks or any religious believers should be under vows of poverty. Now, they upset the public.
Aug 1, 2012 14:23
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENID

Traditionally, monks or any religious believers should be under vows of poverty. Now, they upset the public.

Why they want to live in poverty?
Wan
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do lineal descendants of the monks/ nuns have rights to the inheritance?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code