Menu
Xian Belt-Shaped Noodles!
Jul 7, 2012 22:26
  • CHERRY07
In the picture below, those two are eating delicious Xian belt-shaped noodles. It is one of the most famous Xian local foods, shaped like a belt, sometimes as thick as a coin and sometimes as thin as silk. Also, they are not eating in that ...way on purpose or for fun. It is actually the local and original way to eat the noodles: squatting rather than sitting on the wooden bench; one hand holding the bowl while the other using the chopsticks; no table at all and the bites should be really big. The foreigner seems to be a quick learner and enjoy it very much. If you visit Xian one day, will you have a try on this?

Jul 8, 2012 09:43
  • WANHU
It's interesting and quite delicious.
Wan
Jul 8, 2012 21:32
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

It's interesting and quite delicious.
Wan

It seems that they two enjoy the belt-shaped noodles very much. Wan, I know that there is a famous noodle restaurant at the Northern Square of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. They offer noodles in a very big bowl. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo when I was there.

Next time I will took some photos. I am sure that you will be astonished.
Jul 10, 2012 19:52
  • WANHU
That would be great, Cherry. Actually I'm thinking of visiting Xi'an again in October, where the weather would be cooler.
Wan
Jul 12, 2012 01:29
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

That would be great, Cherry. Actually I'm thinking of visiting Xi'an again in October, where the weather would be cooler.
Wan

Ok. Maybe you can go there to have a bowl of noodles.
Jul 13, 2012 05:29
  • WANHU
Maybe I just tabao the noodles back to the hotel as I can't really squat like I used to do.
Wan
Jul 14, 2012 22:28
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Maybe I just tabao the noodles back to the hotel as I can't really squat like I used to do.
Wan

Did you mean "taobao"? That's impossible. It will turn bad when you receive it at your hotel.

In fact, I don't think it is easy to squat on a bench and eat your noodles. I never did that even I am a local in Xian. What if I fall from the bench? By the way, it is no good for a girl to eat noodles in this way.
Jul 20, 2012 22:56
  • WANHU
I mean bring back to the hotel (打包
), Cherry, is that impossible? Hehe.
Wan
Jul 22, 2012 02:49
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

I mean bring back to the hotel (打包
), Cherry, is that impossible? Hehe.
Wan

Wan, you can bring it back to your hotel. But I wouldn't suggest you do it. See, these two guys are experiencing being a local in Xian. It's very interesting. By the way, the noodles will be not as good as it is eaten at the restaurant after a long journey from the restaurant to your hotel.
Jul 23, 2012 09:18
  • WANHU
Maybe, but I'll try to stay somewhere near, within walking distance.
Wan
Jul 24, 2012 01:48
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Maybe, but I'll try to stay somewhere near, within walking distance.
Wan

Wan, you needn't stay somewhere near the restaurant. If do not prefer to eat like these two guys, then just sit at the table and eat your noodles.
Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Xian Belt-Shaped Noodles!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code