Menu
Xian Belt-Shaped Noodles!
Nov 11, 2012 21:26
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOOMYSUNDAY

Definitely no. My mum always cooking noodles. It is made from pure flour with a little salt.

Sundy,

Your mom must be very good at cooking noodles. Personally, I am not interested in noodles very much.

Nov 11, 2012 21:28
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

Unfortunately, China has too many bad people who just focus on profits and don't care how harmful their products are to the other people. Just read the food safety reports and you will know how many bad people are in China.
Nov 12, 2012 08:43
  • WANHU
Perhaps not that many if we compare with its total population?
Wan
Nov 12, 2012 21:23
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Perhaps not that many if we compare with its total population?
Wan

Wan, I have no idea how many of them are bad. But the profits are what the businessmen care about. I was happy when I used to hear "Customers are gods" said by the businessmen. Now I realize that "profits are their rea gods".
Nov 13, 2012 02:33
  • WANHU
Every business person wants profit dear Sunnydream, but it is sad to see people tend to go overboard inconsiderately. Someone even suggested to me, to bring my own instant noodles from Malaysia, if I were to travel by train, from Shanghai to Shenzhen because like you said, noodles may be tampered with prohibited additives. I tolod her not to worry as I have not decided my mode of transport although I have bought one-way flight ticket from Shenzhen to Shanghai.
Wan
Nov 14, 2012 21:19
  • SUNNYDREAM
Haha,

I never eat on the train. I bring some snacks and probably two bottles of mineral water when I take the train.

When I was in college, I ate instant noodles a lot. I admit that it smells so damn good. But I have already given it up. Fried noodle cake is no good for people's health. And I am told that it takes around one month to get rid of the harmful substance in the instant noodles.
Nov 22, 2012 01:34
  • WANHU
Most instant noodles have MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) as food enhancer and additive. Although FDA of the US allows its use but it is still a controversial issue by certain consumer groups. It is harmful for those having hypertension.
Wan
Nov 26, 2012 00:48
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Most instant noodles have MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) as food enhancer and additive. Although FDA of the US allows its use but it is still a controversial issue by certain consumer groups. It is harmful for those having hypertension.
Wan

Wan, MSG can cause hypertension. This is true. Some tests on white mouse show that eating too much MSG may cause infant defects, baldness, obesity or nonfunctional sex organs. But humans are not white mice. Normal people still use MSG to season the dishes.

Today, chicken essence is much popular than MSG in China. But many consumers do not know that chicken essence is almost the same as MSG. It is made of MSG, chicken, starch and other ingredients. Since chicken is added, than it is called chicken essence. But I have heard that many manufactures don't add chicken when they produce chicken essence.

Chicken essence is synthesized but MSG is pure and extracted from grains. I got a tip "Add chicken essence when you cook vegetables and MSG when you cook meat".
Nov 27, 2012 02:16
  • WANHU
Most chicken stocks or cubes contain MSG. Some products are only having chicken flavours and no chicken in it. I seldom buy food from outside becayuse I know, most of them cooks, put MSG in their cooking. I don't eat KFC anymore because it has high content of MSG. I always cook for myself and for my family too.
Wan
Nov 27, 2012 21:46
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

You never add MSG or chicken essence when cooking food? But most restaurants even hotels add MSG or chicken essence into the dishes. It's hard to avoid these two kinds of seasonings when you eat in China.
Page 6 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Xian Belt-Shaped Noodles!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code