Menu
Xian Belt-Shaped Noodles!
Dec 1, 2012 15:04
  • WANHU
Usually in China, I will inform the waiter/waitress what kind of food I want. Usually for stir-fry vegetable, I ask them not put salt and sugar, and no MSG. Just garlic and veges. Sometimes if I stay longer, I'd bring or find my own ingredients.
Wan
Dec 1, 2012 15:06
  • WANHU
For Xi'an stir-fried flat noodles, usually it's too much salt added by the cook, so I will ask the waiter to inform the cook not to put any salt.
Wan
Dec 2, 2012 01:07
  • CHERRY07
Wanhu,

I am a bit surprised that you don't put any salt in your dishes. How does it taste? Xian stir-fried flat noodles must have salt, vinegar, chili oil and other ingredients. I guess that you can not eat it.
Dec 13, 2012 14:35
  • WANHU
When I first drank Chinese tea, I was surprised too, how could they drink tea without sugar? Even some Malaysians still can't take Chinese because it doesn't taste sweet. To the Chinese, they are used to drinking tea without sugar.

Now I'm used to drink without sugar and cook without salt.

Wan
Dec 13, 2012 21:22
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

cook without salt.

Wan

How does the food taste? so do you like food offered by hotels or restaurants when you are in China?

I was thinking the salt should be the basic condiments for food around Asia.
Dec 18, 2012 00:38
  • WANHU
When I cook soup for example, some of the ingredients are star anise, cinnamon, dried thorn berries, etc where it has its natural sugar. I abstain from taking salt when a nephrologist informed me that my kidneys are not performing well.
Dec 19, 2012 00:57
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

When I cook soup for example, some of the ingredients are star anise, cinnamon, dried thorn berries, etc where it has its natural sugar. I abstain from taking salt when a nephrologist informed me that my kidneys are not performing well.

I see. That's why you avoid salt. Take care of yourself, Wan. Have you tried any Chinese traditional medicine doctors?
Dec 20, 2012 16:37
  • WANHU
I have met a few good yisheng in China. It is good to blend between modern and traditional and see the outcome.
Wan
Dec 20, 2012 21:59
  • RAINDROP
If possible, you can try decoction (of herbal medicine). My family prefers it rather than pills.
Last edited by RAINDROP: Dec 20, 2012 22:00
Dec 27, 2012 17:30
  • WANHU
Thank you raindrop. Besides herbal medicine, I need to cut down sugar and salt intake (or none at all) as well well as drinking more plain water.
Wan
Page 7 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Xian Belt-Shaped Noodles!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code