Menu
Will you marry a girl who jumps to her death for an iphone?
Jul 8, 2012 02:57
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 0 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
It happened in Chongqing on July 6. A young girl sat on the fence of a tall building, threatening to jump to her death just because her boyfriend sent her a fake iphone.

According to a neighbor, they two quarreled in the elevator last night. The girl asked her boyfriend to buy an iphone to prove that he loves her. However, her boyfriend didn’t agree because iphone was too expensive. It cost him nearly two months’ salary.

After a night, the boy changed his mind and agreed to buy an iphone for her. Eventually, he bought a fake phone and sent it to his girlfriend. Unfortunately, his girlfriend found out it was fake and threatened to suicide. Luckily, her boyfriend came and she finally got off from the fence.

You know what their neighbors said? They said that the boy shouldn’t have sent a fake iphone to cheat his girlfriend and that the girl shouldn’t threaten to suicide for a fake iphone.

Apparently, the boy couldn’t afford to buy an iphone. Why did the girl force him to buy one? To prove his love or just to satisfy her vanity? If you were boy, would you marry her in the future?

Jul 9, 2012 03:17
  • NOBODY
No, no and no. For most man it's normal that girlfriend/wife want and man need to try to get it. But If the girl insists than she is probably the wrong one for me and should look to the 50+ with lots of money. (or 70+ if she wants more and faster the money)
With the boy i m not sure, i can understand that he wants to keep the girl he loves, (bought a fake iphone) but i would have talked to her, and if she wouldnt change her mind than just break up.
Jul 9, 2012 22:08
Nobody,

The key is the girl has given everything to him. This implies that the girl might have lost her virginity to him. Just my guess. But she shouldn't have used her virginity to exchange for an iphone unless she believes that her virginity is just worth around CNY 4000.

And it is stupid to suicide just for an iphone. I think the boy should think about their relationship carefully. This time, she just asked for an iphone. Who know what she will ask for next time? If she really loves him, she shouldn't ask her boyfriend to buy something he couldn't afford.
Jul 10, 2012 06:47
GUEST22276 People who threaten suicide rarely do it (unless by accident). They simply use the threat as a tool to get their own way.
Jul 10, 2012 11:53
  • WANHU
Love is blind, and this boy is blind too.
Wan
Jul 11, 2012 23:06
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Love is blind, and this boy is blind too.
Wan

After this incident, he must be sober.
Jul 12, 2012 23:39
  • WANHU
Lonely, if he's drunk he can be sober, but not easy to guide a person blind in love.
Wan
Jul 15, 2012 01:18
  • NOBODY
Given him everything? Her clothes? Her money?
The virginity is not everything, and i think its kind of sad that many women think that it's so important. It's only so important because you can "prove" it if she had sex before or not, but with the man you never know.
Sorry, but the system: Food for sex; is often not working as it used to be in today's society. Because food is often replaced by I pad, car, house, clothes, dress, ect...
And it's getting more and more difficult for the man to afford these. So either you have a "quiet" life and no wife/girlfriend or you have one but need to work and worry much more.
I don't say that one is better, it just depends on what you like, but if a man says: I want sex, otherwise you won't get money to buy food, then someone calls the police and he is charged with blackmailing or something.
Jul 15, 2012 20:50
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Lonely, if he's drunk he can be sober, but not easy to guide a person blind in love.
Wan

This incident will give him a good lesson and he will think of their relationship very carefully.
Jul 15, 2012 20:56
Nobody,

Maybe, this girl is very traditional. At ancient times, virginity is everything. If you sleep with a girl, you have to be responsible for her because she gave her virginity to you.

It's difficult for us to know whether the boy made a promise to buy an iphone before having sex with her. If he did, he should have kept his promise.
Jul 15, 2012 23:58
  • NOBODY
Well, if he promised it, than even it sounds unethical but yeah i agree, the boy should have given the real deal.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you marry a girl who jumps to her death for an iphone?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code