Menu
Chinese beggars!
Jul 9, 2012 04:02
Three Australians came to visit Beijing in summer. One day, they went out of their hotel planned to buy something at a local market. Suddenly, several Chinese beggars appeared and surrounded them. One Australian gave some money to the beggars and asked the other two to leave quickly. All of sudden, a female beggar tugged at his arm, begging him for money. This time, he refused to give her money. However, the female beggar didn’t give up. She followed behind them and kept begging until they stopped in front of a taxi.

The female beggar realized that the Australians wanted to go and then held an Australian’s arms tightly. Suddenly, the Australian fainted with foams at his mouth. Then the beggar ran away.

Jul 9, 2012 04:18
  • ENID
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

the Australian fainted with foams at his mouth. Then the beggar ran away.

How can this happen? because the beggar draged him tightly?
I can not judge if beggars who solicit in public places are "real beggars" now. I gave them some money in past few years, mostly to disabled. But for those who tagged along, I will never compromise.
Jul 9, 2012 06:05
GUEST21759 The symptoms suggest an epileptic fit........probably brought on by stress?
Jul 9, 2012 06:38
  • DUBANZ
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Tthe Australian fainted with foams at his mouth.

epilepsy.The Brain diseases.
Jul 9, 2012 21:43
Quote:

Originally Posted by DUBANZ

epilepsy.The Brain diseases.

I am not sure if he suffers from epilepsy. But it is very hot in summer in Beijing. The Australians might not bear the hot weather. Meanwhile, he was very angry. As a result, he fainted.

Jul 10, 2012 12:54
  • WANHU
The man fainted maybe due to stress and summer heat, but we also know that Australia also has hot summer. The foam from his mouth indicates he has some kind of sickness.
Wan
Jul 11, 2012 22:37
Wan,

They are so kind that they gave money the the beggars. Unfortunately, the beggars were too greedy. They wanted for more money. The three men should have shouted at them "Go away!" In that case, the beggar might leave.
Jul 12, 2012 20:49
  • WANHU
Beggars are beggars, dear Lonely, and their behaviour always like most beggars. Some beggars may be richer than you. One time in Johore (Malaysia), the immigration caught a Chinese beggar, and she had more than RMB20k with her! From her passport, she arrived in Malaysia not more than 10 days. Everywhere people are kind and give alms to the beggars, in China, India, Malaysia, Middle East countries, etc. But I seldom see beggars in Thailand.
Wan
Jul 14, 2012 08:13
  • DUBANZ
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENID

I can not judge if beggars who solicit in public places are "real beggars" now. I gave them some money in past few years, mostly to disabled. But for those who tagged along, I will never compromise.

i gave some money to "beggars" who performing in the street .but i don't think they are beggars,they are artists (although someone is the uninitiated)who earn money and their dignity.
Jul 15, 2012 15:37
  • WANHU
Dubanz, I consider them as amateur performing artists and not beggars. These little starlets performed well like real gymnasts.
Wan
Jul 15, 2012 15:43
  • WANHU
I observed a young flower girl, age around 8-10. Her target: young couple. Under the directive of someone, she would cling onto the leg of the girl until her male friend relented and paid for the flower. It's quite amusing sometimes. This can be seen in crowded area in Dongmen.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese beggars!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code