Menu
How much do you spend per day on meals during traveling?
Jul 11, 2012 21:39
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 104 vote(s)
  2. 51 vote(s)
  3. 23 vote(s)
  4. 5 vote(s)
  5. 12 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
I have just been to several cities in China, including Chongqing, Wuhan, Pingyao, Beijing, Tianjin and Jiuzhaigou. I remembered that my friend and I had most expensive meal in Pingyao. We ordered three dishes and a soup and finally paid CNY 102. That day, we spent CNY 167 on meals. It is indeed expensive to me because I am a budget traveler. Usually, I control my payout on meals within CNY 100 (16 USD) per day during my traveling.

How much do you spend per day on meals during traveling?
Jul 12, 2012 00:17
well I haven't ever notice this how much spend per day on meals during traveling but now I will try to notice my speed.
Jul 12, 2012 02:29
  • WANHU
It depends, Lonely. When I invited some friends, it can be 1800 for dinner. When I travel, I would meet some new friends and we have lunch and dinner.
Wan
Jul 15, 2012 20:00
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

It depends, Lonely. When I invited some friends, it can be 1800 for dinner. When I travel, I would meet some new friends and we have lunch and dinner.
Wan

Wan, did you treat your friends when you travel together? I am just asking how much you spend per day on meals during traveling.

Another question: Are you always the one who urges to pay the bills while having meals with your friends?
Jul 17, 2012 00:32
  • WANHU
No, I always travel alone, only at times with my family. The new friends are either in HK or Mainland China We do some ice breaking while having dinner or lunch. During the meeting we'd do some book or article reviews. My recent July visit to GZ, during luncheon talk the translator didn't have the ability to do impromptu translations although she charged me RMB100 per hour. But during dinner talk I had a new translator, although the translator still wrote notes but her translation was better and she didn't charge me anything. She's a Malaysian but lives in GZ for the past 5 years.
Wan
Jul 17, 2012 00:40
  • WANHU
RMB100 on meals per day during travelling? For breakfast in GZ, one plate of spaghetti, one plate of fried rice, 2 glasses of plain water, already RMB100.
Wan
Jul 17, 2012 20:25
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

RMB100 on meals per day during travelling? For breakfast in GZ, one plate of spaghetti, one plate of fried rice, 2 glasses of plain water, already RMB100.
Wan

It depends on where you go an eat. In big cities, you need to spend more on daily meals. But in small areas, you just pay less for your daily meals. And I usually book economy hotel in cities when I travel with my friends. Thus, we can have a good rest and have energy to enjoy our trips. I'd like to try Young Hostel but unfortunately there are fewer young hostels.

What kind of hotel do you choose during traveling?
Jul 18, 2012 04:45
  • HATHUYLIEU
yes, I think in a day just to spend $ 0-20 :)
Also depending on where you eat.
Jul 18, 2012 10:20
  • WANHU
for Chinese noodles or la mian, you need only RMB8-10 per bowl, thus less than RMB50 for your daily meals.

Lonely, as long as the room is clean, with enough space to move, airconditioner and internet connection, I don't mind at all.

Wan
Jul 19, 2012 07:24
  • TRAVELING123
It depends really lonely
Jul 21, 2012 21:54
  • WANHU
From my observation Lonely, some hotels provide good service although they have no star rating, while some hotels with star rating provide poor service. Also there is hotel, that does not clean the room unless requested. The chambermaid does not speak English.
Wan
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How much do you spend per day on meals during traveling?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code