Menu
How to deal with him?
Jul 28, 2012 22:25
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

BBQQ, whatever system we may have, its enforcement is important.
Wan

You are right. But I have seen many drivers do not buckle their safety belts on the road and that many moto-bikers do not stop when the red light is on. You know what? The traffic police do not stop them. Maybe, they are too busy to deal with the traffic jam.
Jul 29, 2012 03:52
  • WANHU
Those flouting the traffic rules would find they can't renew their roadtax or driving licence. Beating traffic lights (including for not stopping) whall pay a compound of RM600 (RMB1200), but if pay within 14 days, may ask for leniency, usually need to pay RM300 (RMB600).
Wan
Jul 29, 2012 21:40
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Those flouting the traffic rules would find they can't renew their roadtax or driving licence. Beating traffic lights (including for not stopping) whall pay a compound of RM600 (RMB1200), but if pay within 14 days, may ask for leniency, usually need to pay RM300 (RMB600).
Wan

Wan,

Generally, drivers pay CNY 200 for driving through a red light. However, pedestrians are not fined for passing through a red light. I can not understand why pedestrians are exempted from fines.
Jul 31, 2012 17:30
  • WANHU
Pedestrians too are fined especially when caught for not using the pedestrian or crossing bridge.
Wan
Jul 31, 2012 20:54
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Pedestrians too are fined especially when caught for not using the pedestrian or crossing bridge.
Wan

Here I never see any pedestrian is fined for passing through the red light. Every time I cross the road when the green light is on, those motorbikers and bicycle riders never stop even the traffic is there.
Aug 7, 2012 03:05
  • WANHU
Most Asian motorcyclists are that way, BBQQ. Taxi drivers too, sledom give signals when they want to stop or changing lanes.
Wan
Aug 7, 2012 22:34
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Most Asian motorcyclists are that way, BBQQ. Taxi drivers too, sledom give signals when they want to stop or changing lanes.
Wan

Wan,

The traffic police should be responsible for this. When they see some drivers or motocyclists break the rule, they should warn or fine them. But they just ignore them and pretend that they don't see them.
Aug 8, 2012 19:58
  • WANHU
Then definitely they don't have proper discipline, BBQQ. They are they to see people follow the rules, and enforce that rule.
Wan
Aug 8, 2012 21:36
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Then definitely they don't have proper discipline, BBQQ. They are they to see people follow the rules, and enforce that rule.
Wan

Those who do not enforce the rule should be fined too. You know why I hate those pedestrians who do not abide by the traffic rules? Every morning, I have to cross a zebra crossing to get to my company. But those pedestrians, motorcyclists and bike riders do not obey the traffic rule. They still pass the zebra crossing when the red light is on. Sometimes, I even can not pass the zebra crossing even the green light is on.
Aug 26, 2012 07:41
GUEST17115 my observation, as a foreigner, of Chinese traffic:
All traffic related problems stem from pedestrians and bicyclists not respecting red lights and the lack of enforcement from the police.
Start handing tickets to offenders and 50% of your traffic problems will disappear overnight.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to deal with him?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code