Menu
A dad raises two nanny goats to feed his little daughter
Jul 30, 2012 02:58
  • KEVIN0518
This April, Mr. Wei had a beautiful daughter. Having heard so many bad news about milk powder, he decided not to feed his daughter with milk powder. Instead, he bought two nanny goats from a farm in Beijing one month early before her daughter came into the world. He planned to feed his daughter with goat’s milk.

In order to gain pure and healthy milk, he drove to the countryside to cut the grass. Then he mixes the grass with corn, clover and other concentrates to feed his goats. When his goats were ill, he never used antibiotic because he was afraid that the goat’s milk might be polluted by antibiotic. In summer, mosquitoes disturbed the goats at night. Then, he burnt mugwort to drive them away. All he has done is to offer pure and healthy goats’ milk to his daughter.

His daughter weighed 4200 grams when she was born. Now she is already 8 kilograms and seldom gets ill. According to Mr. Wei, the goats’ milk makes his daughter strong.

One month ago, he bought another three goats (two females and one male). He planned to let them mate next October so that his family can enjoy the goats’ milk together.

Jul 31, 2012 02:07
  • WANHU
Other people can do that if they were like Mr Wei, house with ample compound. How about those living in an apartment?
Wan
Jul 31, 2012 21:28
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Other people can do that if they were like Mr Wei, house with ample compound. How about those living in an apartment?
Wan

Wan,

I think the reporter uses this report to mock Chinese food safety. Fewer people can do the same thing like Mr.Wei unless they have money.

In June, the director-general of DAC (Dairy Association of China) said that the quality of Chinese dairy products was ok and his grandchild drunk milk produced by Chinese dairy maker. Soon it turned out that Yili's milkpowder contained excessive mercury.

If the quality of Chinese dairy products is worthy of confidence, Mr. Wei needn't raise goats to feed his daughter.

Aug 1, 2012 21:02
  • WANHU
It's quite alarming and hope the authority is sincerely looking into the matter.
Wan
Aug 5, 2012 02:12
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

It's quite alarming and hope the authority is sincerely looking into the matter.
Wan

I hope too. The food safety crisis has forced many moms to buy milk powder outside of China. They did it because they believe foreign countries have higher requirements on food safety.
Aug 5, 2012 03:24
  • WANHU
No wonder some Chinese friends asked me to buy some milk powder especially infant formula for their babies.
Wan
Aug 5, 2012 22:46
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

No wonder some Chinese friends asked me to buy some milk powder especially infant formula for their babies.
Wan

Now you must understand why they ask you to buy milk powder for their babies. However, people can not bring too much milk powder to enter China. I do not know when China has implemented new rules against 'milk powder bearers'.
Aug 7, 2012 01:57
  • WANHU
So far I have no problem bringing 1 carton of powdered milk (about 20kg).
Wan
Aug 7, 2012 22:53
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

So far I have no problem bringing 1 carton of powdered milk (about 20kg).<br />
Wan

Really? According to the customs, customs value of milk powder is CNY20 per kilogram. Usually a can of milk powder weighs about 900 grams. This means you can just bring about two cans if you do not want to be taxed. How could you bring 20kg milk powder into mainland China?

Sorry, the above regulation is only applied to individuals who buy milk powder by post. There is no clear regulation on how much milk powder individuals can bring into China.
Last edited by KEVIN0518: Aug 7, 2012 22:56
Aug 8, 2012 19:25
  • WANHU
In 2010, I brought with me about 100kg of coffee mixture the customs just let me go without checking what's in the box. Anyway at that time with me were nine other participants. I don't mind paying for the tax. It's part of the regulation that I need to abide.
Wan
Aug 8, 2012 20:24
  • KEVIN0518
Wan,

I guess that the customs must be familiar with you because you frequently come to China. Seriously, the customs won't check everyone's belongings. They just choose someone and check their belongings.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A dad raises two nanny goats to feed his little daughter
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code