Menu
What would you do when your flight delayed?
Aug 20, 2012 02:56
  • RAINDROP
A Chinese stewardess told that a passenger poured three cups of hot water at her because the flight was delayed due to bad weather. She said that she couldn’t help shedding tears and missed her mom at that moment.

I was irritated when I read her post on Sina Weibo.com. It wasn’t the stewardess’ fault. How come the passenger unburdened his dissatisfaction against her? I bet that he didn’t receive good education at school. A man of quality never disrespects others no matter who they are.

I’d really like to know what you guys would do if your flight was delayed?

Aug 20, 2012 16:31
GUEST17115 Delays, weather related, airport congestions or mechanical problems are part of flying, and when you buy a ticket you should expect any of those. Taking your anger on a flight attendant should be a punishable crime. That simple.

When I fly I book a flight in a way that if I'm delayed, I'm not late to where I'm going. Sometimes it means flying a day earlier.
Aug 21, 2012 05:40
GUEST81224 I guess it depends on the consequences of the delay. On one flight I made, an incoming flight from Hong Kong was delayed so the airline delayed my flight for a couple of hours to enable connecting Hong Kong passengers to join it. The consequence was that I missed a train to my destination and had to stay overnight in an hotel at extra cost.
Aug 21, 2012 22:29
  • RAINDROP
GUEST81224,

Did you claim refund from the airlines? In China, the passengers can get a certain amount of cash as compensation if it is the airlines' fault. Usually, they get CNY 100 to 200.
Aug 21, 2012 22:34
  • RAINDROP
GUEST17115,

I agree with you that the passenger should be punished. He was too rude. But many Chinese airlines haven't done enough to deal with these situations. They never think of the passengers. Try to fly with Chinese airlines a few times and then you will have a deep understanding.
Sep 10, 2012 22:41
  • WANHU
A flight from Guangzhou to Shanghai was delayed and In was given a hotel, but only stayed there for 3 hours, when a bus came to pick us back to the airport and flew to Pudong.
Wan
Sep 10, 2012 22:45
  • WANHU
Pouring 3 cups of hot water on her? She should report to the captain and get the man arrested. One time, on my way to Macau, a man smoked and turned to deaf ear when reminded by the cabin crew. She reported to the captain, and the man was arrested on arrival.
Wan
Sep 13, 2012 22:32
  • RAINDROP
Yes, they deserve it. But I am wondering if they just be fined or what after being arrested?
In my opinion, this passenger should be prohibited to take plane for a period of time! He is so rude.
Sep 14, 2012 00:21
  • WANHU
What is stipulated under the law we can't change, unless under parliamentary democracy where the House rules, then it can be amended in the Parliament with the acts of laws. Also depends on the severity of the case, and if it causes grievous hurt, which is criminal in nature. Further, he is not only rude but abused his position too.
Wan
Sep 16, 2012 03:54
  • CARLOS
What would I do?

I would hope the delay would be long enough to find a good restaurant. There I would eat something local food.

Carlos
Sep 19, 2012 20:23
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

What would I do?

I would hope the delay would be long enough to find a good restaurant. There I would eat something local food.

Carlos

What if you have an urgent meeting or a contract to sign? If fail to arrive in time, whom will you ask to pay for your loss?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What would you do when your flight delayed?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code