Menu
Why do people prefer to protest in the nude?
Aug 21, 2012 21:07
Why do people prefer to protest in the nude?

I have noticed that not only Chinese but also foreigners prefer to protest in the nude. Does it work effectively?

A Chinese ginseng maker held an activity in a park to promote ginseng culture. At the end of the activity, a young girl and three men suddenly stepped on the platform and took out a sign, calling people to ‘grow less ginseng and protect the forest’. The security men tried to stop them but the girl suddenly took off her bra. Eventually, she and other three men were taken out of the park by the security men.

According to what I found on the internet, ginseng only grows in the forest but can not grow at the same place twice. In order to cultivate ginseng, more and more forests will be cut down.

I guess this is why they protest against ginseng cultivation. But I can not understand why the girl takes off her bra to protest in the nude.

Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Aug 21, 2012 21:07
Aug 21, 2012 22:58
  • RAINDROP
Lonely,

They know that they will be reported by the media. In this way, more an more people will know them and what they do. Probably, more and more people will join them. But I think that there are many other ways to arouse public attention.

And I just have one question: the girl dares to take off her bra but why she didn't dare to show her face?
Aug 26, 2012 07:50
GUEST17115 For the attention.
Aug 27, 2012 03:27
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

Lonely,

And I just have one question: the girl dares to take off her bra but why she didn't dare to show her face?

Because she was afraid of letting people know who she was. Strange! If she wanted to draw much more attention, she should take off her mask. But she didn't.
Sep 4, 2012 03:47
  • WANHU
It's true that wild ginseng only grows in the forest but the cultivation of Panax ginseng in China, especially in Liaoning, Jilin and Heilongjiang are using artificial shade. It's not because of deforestation but rather they wanted to be heard and attract attention.
Wan
Sep 10, 2012 03:53
Wan,

I just think that this girl isn't bold enough. She should have learnt from those foreign protestors who dare to be naked in public. I am defnitely sure that more people will remember her.
Sep 10, 2012 22:18
  • WANHU
Like the aborigines in Africa, they dare to be almost naked in public, with loincloth.
Wan
Sep 19, 2012 21:23
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Like the aborigines in Africa, they dare to be almost naked in public, with loincloth.
Wan

Wan, the naked protestors are different from the aborigines. All aborigines wear in that way. But ordinary people in cities do wear clothes. If someone is naked in public, other people will feel surprised.
Sep 20, 2012 03:01
  • WANHU
Their behaviour is worse than the aborigines.
Wan
Sep 26, 2012 22:35
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Their behaviour is worse than the aborigines.
Wan

Wan, the aborigines do it naturally but the protestors do it intentionally. Today, I read that a pretty blond stands nakedly on the street to support 'abortion'. With a painting of a baby on her stomach, she seemed very excited.
Oct 5, 2012 11:10
  • WANHU
Perhaps they are imitating certain new culture that they thought would bring them development, respect and better life. They like to be followers instead of leaders.
Wan
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do people prefer to protest in the nude?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code