Menu
Why do foreigners prefer to travel with their little kids?
Aug 29, 2012 22:27
Many Chinese parents are generous when they buy toys, snacks and clothes for their little kids. However, they seldom travel with their little kids. The foreigners are different. I saw some foreigners travel with their babies. Usually, the husband carried his baby on back.

Why don’t Chinese parents travel with their little kids? They think their babies are too small to bear the rough conditions during traveling. On the other hand, it is very tiring to travel with little kids. They are troublesome. If you put all your attention on your kids, you won’t have time to appreciate the beautiful scenery.

What makes foreigners travel with their little kids? Don’t you feel tired?

Aug 30, 2012 04:03
GUEST67473 Western families don't usually have such close family connections (live in grandparents) so convenient baby sitters are not so readily available. They also believe in including children in family activities from an early age. Vacations are usually planned for the family, not just the parents.
Sep 1, 2012 22:22
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST67473

Western families don't usually have such close family connections (live in grandparents) so convenient baby sitters are not so readily available. They also believe in including children in family activities from an early age. Vacations are usually planned for the family, not just the parents.

I see. Thank you. Personally, I think it is good to have a family trip together. I don't have a kid yet. This May, I traveled with my parents and sister. We didn't go far from our hometown. But it was a good trip.
Sep 3, 2012 20:52
  • WANHU
When I was in China and we were having dinner with a few Chinese families, and I was having problem using lacquered chopsticks and I asked for the bamboo chopsticks, as the restaurant had none, I asked for fork and spoon. One boy said: "Uncle, you act like a foreigner".

Lonely, what constitutes "foreigners"?

Wan
Sep 5, 2012 10:44
  • VANESSAZHONG
Once I pick up 2 clients at Forstar Hotel, I haven't found they had a baby until they seated in the car. The young man was carrying their little baby on his back. But I thought it was a very small backpack which seemed to be easily ignored. And I was told that the little Gorge was 3 months old. OMG...
Last edited by VANESSAZHONG: Sep 5, 2012 10:46
Sep 26, 2012 04:36
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU View Post

Lonely, what constitutes "foreigners"?

Wan

Did the restaurant offer stainless chopsticks? I used it several times. It's difficult to use. You know why he said "You act as a foreigner?" Because you use fork. Westerners prefer to use fork and knife.
Sep 26, 2012 04:41
Quote:

Originally Posted by VANESSAZHONG

Once I pick up 2 clients at Forstar Hotel, I haven't found they had a baby until they seated in the car. The young man was carrying their little baby on his back. But I thought it was a very small backpack which seemed to be easily ignored. And I was told that the little Gorge was 3 months old. OMG...

Chinese parents dare bring their 3 months baby out. I am thinking of traveling with my little baby in the future. But I dare bring her/him out when he is too young.
Post a Reply to: Why do foreigners prefer to travel with their little kids?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code