Menu
Will you buy ‘love insurance’ for your wife?
Aug 29, 2012 22:51
  • LAUGH
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 4 vote(s)
  2. 5 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Some Chinese insurance companies offer ‘love insurance’ to the spouse who has everything. No matter what the insurance is (life, accident or medical insurance), only the woman is the beneficiary.

Why do the insurance companies offer ‘love insurance’? According to the last year’s interpretation of Chinese marriage law, the jilted wife can not get half of the house property if their house was bought by the groom’s parents after they get married.

Considering of this situation, the insurance companies offer “love insurance” to ensure the women can be compensated if they are divorced.

If possible, will you buy love insurance for your wife?
Sep 2, 2012 22:31
My answer is "Yes" if it can make my future wife feel safe together with me. Only does she feel safe, we can live together happily. If we live together happly, fewer quarrels will happen. It has so many benefits. Why not give it a try?
Sep 3, 2012 20:39
  • WANHU
Insurance companies will create things that spell profit for them. I never bought insurance insurance in my life except the obligatory motor-vehicle insurance for my motorcycle and car.
Wan
Sep 10, 2012 03:40
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Insurance companies will create things that spell profit for them. I never bought insurance insurance in my life except the obligatory motor-vehicle insurance for my motorcycle and car.
Wan

Everybody knows that the insurance companies take a lot of money from them but they are willing to buy the insurance. Why?
Sep 10, 2012 21:59
  • WANHU
People tend to look at the bigger promise of bigger pay by the insurance companies but seldom look at the finer prints. There are places where insurance is needed and imposed by the "society" due to high fees imposed by certain establishments. For example hospital and education fees. Thus by having insurance for medical and education, at least it eases some parts of the burden.

For me, I don't buy the optional insurance because I enjoy free medical, low paying fee for education, and certain amount of money will be paid as gratuity when I retire, besides the monthly pension.

Wan
Sep 26, 2012 04:51
Wan,

Commercial insurance is useful to those who don't enjoy free medical treatment. If China can offer free medical service to us, I won't buy any insurance.
Sep 28, 2012 01:12
  • WANHU
That's what I'm doing now, Lonely.
Wan
Oct 22, 2012 22:02
  • BBQQ
When they divorce, the woman can be compensated with some money thanks to the 'love insurance'. How about their inner hurts? Can it be measured by money?
Oct 29, 2012 14:04
  • WANHU
If we think of monetary gains, we may end with nothing, if people think that rules are promulgated to be broken or flouted, then marriage may end with divorce. If we think that life is a journey to be shared, with care, love and mutual respect, we may find beautiful life ahead.
Wan
Oct 29, 2012 21:49
  • BBQQ
Wan,

there are too many temptations and the divorce rate is very high in China, especially those young Chinese couples. Thus, some women have to prepare for divorce though she never expects it happens.
Post a Reply to: Will you buy ‘love insurance’ for your wife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code