Menu
Isolated and depressed foreigner in China
Sep 22, 2012 22:21
  • BOBERT
Your problem isn't geographical or vocational. You feel alone because you are alone. You are the one who is out of step. You are the one who is different and you are the one who is shunning them. "there is no meaning to life and money hasn’t met my needs". Of course there is no meaning to life. I have news for you, there is no purpose to life either. Like all of us, you are here by a lucky quirk of nature and you will be gone again soon enough. You can wallow, or you can try to enjoy. You have a simple choice. Get in step or pursue a solitary life. Either way, stop wasting the only thing anyone has of value. Life!

"One life - a little gleam of Time between two Eternities."
- - - Thomas Carlyle
Sep 22, 2012 22:27
  • BOBERT
If that Thomas Carlyle quote didn't do it for you, try this one;

“The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.”

Vladimir Nabokov
Sep 23, 2012 18:08
GUEST15249 When you continually focus on the 'contrasts' in your life your thoughts will naturally magnify the 'shortcomings' in your life...perhaps instead it is timely to begin think about shifting your focus, your thoughts, to your life as it is now...the opportunities you have now....the people who are present in your life now....the person you now are now, and not the one you left behind. You chose to move away from the life you had...the choice has been made.....and now follow the adjustments.....embracing your life now, what is great in your life now....the problem is not external to you....it is within you.....finding peace with yourself will lead to changes in your outer world...and it begins with how you think....be kind to yourself but don't feel sorry for yourself....
Sep 23, 2012 19:03
GUEST70194 It sounds meaningful, bobert. Live each day as tomorrow is the doomsday. I used to read this worD: to love to finish your life...

Cup&Anonymous.
Sep 24, 2012 04:40
  • BOBERT
Live every day as if it's your last....one day you will be right.
Sep 25, 2012 21:43
GUEST70194 GUEST15249, yes, it's bliss or it relies on self-education to spot the inner balance or peace. It's a mutual encouragement.
Sep 26, 2012 18:15
GUESTCANDY I have to disagree with a lot of the comments made on this topic albeit you’re entitled to your opinion which is the premise of this forum but I would like to make a few remarks myself. Firstly I don’t think that CG (original thread poster) pities herself in fact depression is a mental illness and it is easy to say stop feeling sorry for yourself than going a lot deeper to the root of the problem, no one has the right to judge. Depression consumes the mind and soul research into it I have worked with patients and trust me it is like a slow poison which eats you up inside. Secondly I completely disagree when people make the statement ‘live today like it was your last’ who actually does that in the real world? No-one I believe as it is easier said than done and that is a fact. How many people do you actually know who live like it is their last day on this earth? There is a difference between living in the moment and that of your last day on earth. Bobert you have suggested a strong sense of here are a few quotes so get over it, your comments are hardly helpful they insinuate judgement such as read positive line and wake up, which is clearly not the answer. Thirdly by reading between the lines perhaps CG didn’t have a choice coming to China a prime example of this a young woman was forced into a marriage and when she refused she was brutally killed this is to demonstrate that I believe some people do not have a choice, all those babies or children drugged and abused where was the choice there and these are exaggerated examples to highlight my point.
CG I hope you can find someone who can offer a helping hand and yes I agree with some comments that you need to make a step in going forward but do it in your own time. If someone reaches out don’t shun them away as they may be the light you are looking for at the end of the tunnel. Each individual is unique don’t be a sheep and follow the crowd whenever you feel ready to move then do so, I think you are courageous and coming onto this forum was a way of allowing to share your pain and accept some form of help. If you want to then take on the advice which suits you as everyone has an opinion some good some bad but you can choose which one you want your heart to listen to.
Bless you CG
Sep 26, 2012 21:17
GUEST70194 A normal person more or less has mental disorders, depression is one of them. As long as it doesn't evolve down worse, a man can still be back to nomal instantly. The disorders probably result from pressure , suddenly changed surroundings, fatigue or fear of occurrence of something unfortunate. In a suffocated social settings, it's more likely that people go beyond normal subconciously and something indecribable probably negative energy from people's minds is poisoning people themselves. If the conditions last long, then it develops into mental disease that harm physical health eventually. If it comes to any of us, we just say : take it easy, it's no big deal. Still it depends on personal experience and self-cultivation. As Bobert say, no big deal, live each day healthy and happy on this path with dead ends on each side.

Sep 27, 2012 17:37
GUEST15249 You are right GuestCandy that CG is indeed courageous. My comment about 'don't feel sorry for yourself' was not delivered in the way it should. Reach out CG to get some support. It will be there for you.
Sep 28, 2012 00:04
  • WANHU
When someone sees light at the end of the tunnel, he sees hope that he could reach there although he doesn't understand his disability and limitations. Providing a path of ambiguity to a person who is yet to know which path to tread on is neither a help. What CG needs are words of hope and hands to assist for her to walk with. She has seen people who lived a life like there's no tomorrow or a life that ends tomorrow, a world of illusion that she detests. I have no patients nor study like GuestCandy does, but I have lived a life of more than two scores and ten years, mingling with various walks of life. She needs friends. hope and (perhaps) words of encouragement.
Wan
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Isolated and depressed foreigner in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code