Menu
Isolated and depressed foreigner in China
Sep 28, 2012 18:44
  • BOBERT
GuestCandy wrote; "no one has the right to judge." Then she/he went on to do exactly that. "Bobert you have suggested a strong sense of here are a few quotes so get over it, your comments are hardly helpful they insinuate judgement such as read positive line and wake up, which is clearly not the answer."

GuestCandy diagnosis, presumably from symptoms only gleaned from the same source as I make my presumption of someone searching for a purpose, that the poster is suffering from a clinical pathological form of chronic depression. Now THAT'S a judgement!
Sep 28, 2012 19:12
  • BOBERT
GuestCandy; The quote "live every day as if it's your last" is not meant to be taken literally as you have ludicrously chosen to do. It's simply meant to remind the poster that we don't live forever and we need to make every day as enjoyable as possible because they run out soon enough.

Likewise the quote; '“The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.”

My advice for the poster was simply, strive to be happy and enjoy life while you have it. Yours seems to be vague platitudes and preposterous assumptions of chronic depression based on you making absurdly tenuous comparisons to a murdered woman and abused children. "Thirdly by reading between the lines perhaps CG didn’t have a choice coming to China a prime example of this a young woman was forced into a marriage and when she refused she was brutally killed this is to demonstrate that I believe some people do not have a choice, all those babies or children drugged and abused where was the choice there and these are exaggerated examples to highlight my point." Now if that cheery topic doesn't sadden an already depressed person then I don't know what will!

My advice to the poster is non judgemental and succinct. Life is short. Don't waste any of it searching for purpose or meaning. There is none. We are all just accidents. Just enjoy it.

Last edited by BOBERT: Sep 28, 2012 19:19
Sep 28, 2012 19:34
GUESTYAMAN Bobert you sound like an uneducated fool who likes to make trouble. Stop picking on people on this forum you are the playground bully!
Sep 28, 2012 20:29
  • BOBERT
GUESTYMAN; Advice was sought by the original poster. As requested, I gave mine. Then my advice was ridiculed by a third party who clearly knows no more than I.

"Bobert you sound like an uneducated fool who likes to make trouble. Stop picking on people on this forum you are the playground bully!" That is surely the most hypocritical statement I have ever read.

P.S. Learn some grammar before you label someone uneducated.
Sep 29, 2012 06:14
GUEST15249 Bobert has attempted to make a helpful response. You may determine that it isn't, however be careful about undermining that which doesn't resonate with what you world experience has determined is helpful....he hasn't denigrated CG, he has tried to offer helpful comments....it is the subsequent commentary which is most dangerous.....CG is the focus...not everyone's opinion on each other.....CG determines to support.....get the focus back where is belongs and offer something helpful...
Sep 29, 2012 08:00
GUESTBOB

People chill out here, it's a public forum where anyone and everyone can share their feelings and give an opinion. CG choose what you want to take from the advice on this forum and all the best to you.
Sep 29, 2012 11:03
GUESTMT take it easy.bobert.its not real life that cannot be described in cyber space...everybody has his own way of living a life that is subject to who she meets and where she goes on the path...anyway cyber is not real...have a nice day...
Nov 14, 2012 02:45
GUEST15249 Shame we never heard anything from CG after this discussion.
Nov 16, 2012 23:17
GUEST75277 Where do you live in China?
Dec 14, 2012 04:30
GUEST15249 Another child killed by a mini van in China and people still walk by, or back away. Admittedly this time some helped.....money is more important there than human life.
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Isolated and depressed foreigner in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code