Menu
Isolated and depressed foreigner in China
Mar 17, 2013 23:21
GUEST10253 Interesting - no responses to the comment of another child killed in China whilst people ignored the suffering. Where is compassion? Perhaps money is the God of China, and serving that 'God' means you do whatever you can for your next penny....even ignoring the suffering of a vulnerable child. Shame.
Oct 25, 2013 00:04
GUEST89151 I also feel isolated and extreamely bored , contact me hotmail.com|jannyworld
Nov 10, 2013 09:28
  • WANHU
Dear Guest89151
You may create interesting plans or talk to your friends. Sometimes we are being isolated by our own mundane work schedule.
Wan
Nov 11, 2013 22:27
  • RENEE_ZHANG
try to give love to the poor,
try to learn new things,
try to travel,
try to enjoy being alone.
Nov 19, 2013 01:10
  • GRIZ326
Women exercise and dance together in most parks throughout China. I'd encourage you to join them. It has always struck me as one of the harmonious wonders of China.

…and Carlos is correct about learning the language; you must make time to study Putonghua. It will make your life more enjoyable.
Nov 20, 2013 20:20
Griz,

Just think twice before you decide to join them. They play music too loudly so that many people hate them and their square dance. A Beijing guy was very annoyed and fired a shot in the air to drive them away.
Nov 23, 2013 05:50
  • MARK_81
I just read this post today and it struck a cord with me. I can so relate to coming somewhere new and feeling really isolated and alone. thankfully by the time I visited China first I already had a group of loyal friends and my wife who was still my girlfriend at the time who loves China just as much as I do!

but before that I lived in other places. I lived in the US for a while ten years ago and I was miserable, somehow I pulled through but it was really really tough! I never had trouble making new friends but I guess you got to be happy inside first before you can make other people happy. bless be that I'm at a good place now!
Nov 26, 2013 20:33
Mark,

People who endure loneliness are finally successful. You are not a successful man who has a happy family and good payment.
Nov 29, 2013 05:20
  • MARK_81
Thank you so much for saying that! I'm at a good place now but it feels like I walked through fire to get there I guess we all go through that.
Dec 1, 2013 03:02
Mark,

No pains, no gains. Walking through fire, you finally succeed.
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Isolated and depressed foreigner in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code