Fleeing without paying, will you do it?
Sep 10, 2012 03:12
  • CHERRY07
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 1 vote(s)
  2. 7 vote(s)
  3. 2 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Around 50 tables of eaters were dining at our hot-pot restaurant. Suddenly, the lights went out and then all of them fled without paying the bills. It just happened on September 8 in Xian. According to the restaurant manager, the restaurant has lost at least 15000 RMB due to the blackout.

It’s a shame that the eaters fled with paying their bills. How could they do that? If you were there, would you run away like those eaters who fled without paying?
Sep 10, 2012 22:25
  • WANHU
We should show our dignity, pay what we eat.
Wan
Sep 11, 2012 21:51
GUEST17115 Shame on them, they acted just like thieves.
Sep 18, 2012 07:47
  • NOBODY
If these 50 people have no money and haven't eaten in 1 week, i can understand it.
Otherwise no, it's a very shameful behavior and should be prosecuted.
Sep 18, 2012 21:41
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

We should show our dignity, pay what we eat.
Wan

Wan,

Unfortunately, some people don't care about their dignity. They only care about their money. That's why they went away and refused to pay for their bill.
Sep 18, 2012 21:44
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by NOBODY

If these 50 people have no money and haven't eaten in 1 week, i can understand it.
Otherwise no, it's a very shameful behavior and should be prosecuted.

Nobody,

If there were only 5 or 6 people who dined at that restaurant when the lights were off, I am pretty sure that they didn't dare to walk out without paying. Once a man gave an example for others, others will follow that man's steps.
Sep 29, 2012 16:25
  • NOBODY
yep, Cherry-7 that's true, sad but true
Oct 5, 2012 11:43
  • WANHU
In 2005, it was my first time in Guangzhou. I saw a boy selling barbecue lamb sticks near the Pearl River, and I asked for five sticks. When I was getting mine, the barbecue boy ran away without getting paid because there was a City Hall enforcement. I waited there for 30 minutes with my translator but he didn't come back for his money. The next day I waited still in vain. The third day (in fact it was evening), I saw that boy was selling near Shangxiajiu, and I paid him RMB5. He also recognised me. My translator asked me, for RMB5 you searched for that boy? I just answered, if I were that boy I would have expected someone to pay me. Taking things from someone without consent is stealing. I never want to be called a thief.
Wan
Oct 6, 2012 03:01
Wan,

You are really a good man. During my first visit to Mt. Jiuhua, I noticed a note (CNY 100) on the ground when I kowtowed in front of a Buddha in the temple. I picked it up and stood there like you, hoping that the owner came back.

You know, I can not shout loudly in order to find the owner. If I shouted, there would be more than one owner who claimed for the note. 10 minutes later, no one showed up and I had to leave. Thus, I donated the money to the temple.
Oct 9, 2012 13:06
  • WANHU
Do unto others as you would like them do unto you.
Wan
Oct 10, 2012 01:15
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Do unto others as you would like them do unto you.
Wan

It means "之所欲,施之于人" in Chinese. Here is another Chinese idom "己所不欲,勿施于人". In English, it means "Do not do to others what you would not have them do to you".
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Fleeing without paying, will you do it?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code