Menu
Fleeing without paying, will you do it?
Oct 10, 2012 02:48
  • WANHU
The Old Malay saying: "want with thousand wills and don't want with thousand excuses".
Wan
Oct 14, 2012 04:25
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

The Old Malay saying: "want with thousand wills and don't want with thousand excuses".
Wan

Hehe, I see it, Wan. Can you translate it into Chinese?
Oct 14, 2012 15:46
  • WANHU
Almost equivalent with the English proverb: Where there's a will there's a way. Almost.
Wan
Oct 16, 2012 03:57
Quote:

Almost equivalent with the English proverb: Where there's a will there's a way. Almost.
Wan

Now I understand it thoroughly. Thank you, Wan.
Oct 21, 2012 16:45
  • WANHU
Lonely, it's good to know about Chinese proverbs and idioms too. Once in a while someone can translate for us to share.
Wan
Oct 22, 2012 01:00
Quote:

Lonely, it's good to know about Chinese proverbs and idioms too. Once in a while someone can translate for us to share.
Wan

Well, I'd like to share some Chinese proverbs and indoms. But I am afraid that I may not do a good job because I didn't earn high marks in Chinese exam when I was in school.
Oct 29, 2012 16:25
  • WANHU
I never took idiom and proverb studies, and not even literature. People may correct us if we are wrong, after all, TCG is for the foreigners to know and understand Chinese and China.
Wan
Oct 29, 2012 21:01
Quote:

I never took idiom and proverb studies, and not even literature. People may correct us if we are wrong, after all, TCG is for the foreigners to know and understand Chinese and China.
Wan

Thanks for your encouraging me. Recently, China and Japan are involved in the Diaoyu Island dispute. The spokesman of China Foreign Affairs Ministry repeats "两害相权取其轻". It means "Of two evils choose the least".

In fact, there is another saying "两利相权取其重", meaning "Of two interests choose the more".
Oct 30, 2012 17:02
  • WANHU
Thanks, Lonely
Wan
Oct 30, 2012 21:58
Quote:

Thanks, Lonely
Wan

You are welcome.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Fleeing without paying, will you do it?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code