Menu
What is the best gift for teachers?
Sep 11, 2012 20:54
  • JIMMYB
September 10 is Teachers’ Day. On that day, I noticed that many pupils even small kindergarten kids bring flowers to their teachers. Flowers are ok. But I heard that a teacher sent text messages to the parents of his students, asking them to request songs no the radio for him. A song costs around CNY 100.

Flowers and songs are gifts for the teachers. What about kisses? A young girl in middle school kissed her Math teacher for around 30 minutes. She said her kisses were the gift for her Math teacher.

What do you think is the best gift for teachers, kiss, flowers, money, greeting cards or anything else?
Sep 11, 2012 21:47
GUEST17115 A girl student kissing her male teacher for 30 minutes is a real problem in the USA, because the teacher will end up in jail.
Sep 12, 2012 16:52
  • WANHU
Here we celebrate May15th every year. One kindergarten teacher got a mug with some words, like: I love you teacher. n Every time she drinks from that mug will always reminds her of that student.
Wan
Sep 12, 2012 20:10
  • CHERRY07
kissing for around 30 minutes? I guess they are lovers. Such a teacher should be fired immediately.
Sep 18, 2012 07:45
  • NOBODY
A card is enough, maybe make it by yourself (if you are younger) or buy a nice one.
write some nice things inside, maybe something that shows that you care about your teacher (I like it when you tell stories about your snake)
I think everything else is not needed. Because the teacher is doing his/her job.
Sep 18, 2012 22:18
  • CHERRY07
Nobody,

You don't live in China so that you do not know the real situations.

If you ask help from someone, you should bring him/her some gifts or at least invite him/her to have a feast, especially when you deal with officials. This tradition has been observed for so long.

Nowadays, many Chinese parents just have only one child. All parents hope that their kids can enter a famous school. Famous schools have famous and competent teachers. Thus, their kids can receive good education. This is not enough. The parents want to keep good relationship with their kids’ teachers so that their kids can be favored by the teachers. In order to keep good relationship with the teachers, the parents send valuable gifts to the teachers. When is the best time to send the gifts? The Teachers’ Day.

You know what they send as gifts? Money? No, it’s too obvious. Now many schools forbid their teachers to receive money from their students’ parents. As a result, store cards are preferred by the parents. The teachers can use the store cards to buy things at the supermarkets or shopping malls. Some parents even add values to the teachers’ cellphones. In a word, they do their best to set up good relationship with the teachers.

There is a joke but it does tell us something. Xiao comes home with tears in his eyes after school. His dad asks him what happened. Xiaoming says his teacher changes his seat from the second row to the fifth row. (Usually, good students, especially those who earn good marks in the exams, sit in the front rows and those who earn low marks sit in the back rows).

Xiaoming’s father bursts into laughter after listening his son’s words. Xiaoming is angry and says “Is it funny?” Then his father apologizes and asks him “Is tomorrow the Teachers’ Day?” Xiaoming says “Yes”. His father replies “Ok, I know what to do. Son, you will return to your original seat the day after tomorrow.” Xiaoming doubts his father’s words and says “Are you sure?” His father replies “I am pretty sure. But I need your cooperation.” Xiaoming says “No problem”. His father prepares a bunch of pretty flowers and an envelope and then asks Xiaoming to give the flower and envelope to his teacher tomorrow.

Next day, Xiaoming gives the flower and envelope to his teacher. Immediately, his teacher changes the seat and lets Xiaoming back to his original seat. Xiaoming is very happy and tells this good news to his dad after school. His dad smiles and says “Son, I didn’t cheat you, right?” Xiaoming replies “You are my great dad. But how did you make my teacher change his mind? What was in that envelope?” His dad just says “It’s a secret. I will tell you when you become an adult.”

Now you can guess what was in that envelope.
Sep 18, 2012 22:26
  • CHERRY07
However, there are some good teachers too. They treat their students like their children and do their best to teach them knowledge. Look at those teachers who works in remote areas of China. Some of them just earn several hundred yuan per month. They devote all their lives to their students and schools.

Look at this teacher and his students.

Sep 18, 2012 23:08
GUEST17115 Cherry07,

Thanks for the explanation, but I still think that kissing a teacher for 30 minutes is a no no.
Sep 19, 2012 00:51
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST17115

Cherry07,

Thanks for the explanation, but I still think that kissing a teacher for 30 minutes is a no no.

Me too. In my earliest reply, I said "I guess they are lovers." It's possible. No matter it was the girl's fault or not, the teacher should be fired. As a teacher, he should have known what he can do and what he can't do.

It's a shame that the school recruits such a teacher.
Sep 20, 2012 23:55
  • WANHU
What happen to that particular teacher after the kissing?
Wan
Sep 23, 2012 01:23
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

What happen to that particular teacher after the kissing?
Wan

According to someone at that school, the teacher still works at the school. It is unclear whether he has been punished or not. The girl begs the public not to focus on her anymore because she hasn't graduated yet.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is the best gift for teachers?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code