Menu
Going Home
Sep 12, 2012 20:22
This picture was taken in Yiliang, the quake-hit area of Yunnan. The heart-broken grandpa, with his 10-year-old grandson on back, spent five hours struggling home on foot. The little boy has died because of delayed treatment, as...the road from their home to hospital was blocked by the earthquake. Both of the boy’s parents are working in other province to earn a living for the family. So sad! The evil earthquake on Sep 7th seems to calm down after killing 81 and leaving thousands homeless. But it still takes lives in one way or another.

Sep 12, 2012 20:24
Let’s pray for those in quake-hit area and may things turn better soon.
Sep 15, 2012 10:52
  • MARK_81
What a sad picture. Its heartbreaking and really says it all in one captured moment. my prayers are with all families involved in this terrible tragedy. bless them.

bliss and love
Mark

Sep 16, 2012 02:00
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK_81

What a sad picture. Its heartbreaking and really says it all in one captured moment. my prayers are with all families involved in this terrible tragedy. bless them.

bliss and love
Mark

Mark,

I was heartbroken but I know that the grandfather was much more painful than me. He lost hi grandchild in the earthquake. During 2008 Wenchuan Earthquake, there was a husband who carried his wife’s body back home. After being reported by the media, he was known to the whole nation. Later, he got married with another woman and was criticized. Unfortunately, he divorced after getting married for one and half years and paid her second wife 40000 yuan. Currently, he is alone.

A journalist interviewed him. He said he just wanted to bring her dead wife back home and bury her in the earth. He never imagined that he would be famous across China. The media made him famous but he didn’t have a happy ending.

I hesitated before posting this picture. I was thinking if this grandfather’s life would be disturbed because of this picture. At last, I posted this picture and just wanted other people to know how those people lived.
Sep 16, 2012 13:06
  • WANHU
The love of a grandpa that braves all odds.
Wan
Sep 16, 2012 16:20
  • MARK_81
lonelyjourney: thank you for posting this photo. It has been in my thoughts all day today and has really affected me on a very deep level. It puts life into perspective and shows me how lucky I am in my day to day. Again all my prayers are with the victims.
Sep 16, 2012 16:29
  • MARK_81
nice way of putting it there Wanhu.
Sep 16, 2012 22:34
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

The love of a grandpa that braves all odds.<br />
Wan

Wan, sometimes photos can not reveal the truth. I researched this guy who carried his dead wife back home and found different reports about him. This guy is calle Wu Jiafang.

When the photo was published, the public and media believed that Wu was a good husband. But it turned out that we were wrong at last. A Chengdu TV program interviewed Wu’s neighbors. They said that Wu was a bad man. He didn’t take care of his father. His little brother once quarreled with him over this issue and Wu tried to cut his brother with a knife.

According to Wu, his father didn’t treat him very well. His father lived with his little son and took care of his little son’s kids. Wu thought his father never cared about him.

According to Wu’s neighbor, Wu’s wife lost her life while playing mahjong. Their relationship wasn’t good. Wu’s wife quarreled with him many times and tried to suicide once. When Wu’s wife was dead, none of his neighbors was willing to help him bring her wife back home because they didn’t get along with him. It was his wife’s brothers who forced him to bring his wife back home.

I am not trying to say that the above photo didn’t reflect the truth. I am just saying that we sometimes can not learn about the whole story behind the photos.
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Sep 16, 2012 22:36
Sep 16, 2012 22:50
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK_81

lonelyjourney: thank you for posting this photo. It has been in my thoughts all day today and has really affected me on a very deep level. It puts life into perspective and shows me how lucky I am in my day to day. Again all my prayers are with the victims.

You are welcome. May the dead in peace and the survivors come up stronger.
Sep 22, 2012 13:11
  • WANHU
Lonely, whether his grandson (of your earlier posting) or wife is immaterial. He shows his good side by carrying the body on his back. He could have dragged the body, after all why he cares?
Wan
Sep 22, 2012 14:03
GUEST70194 Looking at this picture, you can give different explanations depending on the moods you have. Human being is a very complicated animal and its behavior is unpredicable sometimes in some circumstances. How about putting it in this way. The man killed the body on his back. In the daytime, it's no easy to hide except to carry it to somewhere for hiding. Sorry for the thoughts in a vicious way but the fact is this world is not so perfect as the one in innocent kids' minds.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Going Home
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code