Menu
How much will you pay for the entrance fees of the scenic spots in China?
Sep 24, 2012 00:46
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 106 vote(s)
  2. 29 vote(s)
  3. 11 vote(s)
  4. 6 vote(s)
  5. 10 vote(s)
  6. 13 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
The China NDRC, shorted for China National Development and Reform Commission, has announced to lower the entrance fees of 80 scenic spots. Someone calculates that the entrance fees are lowered by 37 percent on average. But those famous ones like Terror Cotta Warriors, Jiuzhaigou and Yellow Mountain are not included.

On the other hand, those famous scenic spots have already raised or planned to raise the entrance fees. There are 130 5A scenic spots in mainland China. Over 1/2 of them have increased the entrance fees to above CNY 100. According to the statistics, the average monthly income of Chinese people is around CNY 2000 in 2011.

A ticket of the scenic spot costs 1/20 of a month salary. Do you think it is expensive? How much will you pay for the entrance fees of the scenic spots?
Sep 25, 2012 00:52
  • MAGISTER
There is of course usually a discount for students entering these sites. I am not a student and haven't been in full time education for the last 7 years. However, the majority of staff working at the ticket booths of these places can't read English so next time you visit a tourist attraction try handing them any old picture ID (I use my UK driving license) and tell them you are a student. It won't work every time but I'd estimate that 2 out of 3 times it's worked for me!
Sep 25, 2012 08:51
  • WANHU
Previously, I brought some of my countrymen to visit Window of the World (WoW). Even at RMB120 I feel the pinch for them. With the hike of price from RMB120 t0o RMB160, I don't mention WoW to them anymore. Better for them to kill their time at electronic shops. No doubt maintenance is high, but I am sure RMB100 wins both way for the authority and the visitors. More people will be able to visit and benefit.

In my hometown, we have Islamic Civilisation Park, with 19 miniature world mosques, including the Great Mosque of Xi'an. Foreigners are charged RMB50 including tiffin and soft drink.

Wan
Sep 25, 2012 18:22
  • MAGISTER
I think the key point here is value for money. There are some absolutely unmissable sites in china but often the facilities within them are a bit shoddy (at least by western standards) for example There often aren't a lot multi-language signs giving you detailed history about specific parts of a site, there are dirty toilets, etc. The price of the ticket isn't reinvested in the site, it's lining someone's pocket ........
Sep 26, 2012 20:51
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

CNY50 for the entrance fee, tiffin and soft drink is so damn cheap. I seldom eat or buy drinks at the scenic spots because they are sold so damn expensive. A bottle of orange juice costs CNY 2.8 in the supermarket and CNY 3 in the shops but it is sold CNY 5 at the scenic spots.

My friend who visited Jiuzhaigou last year got a fake student ID card and got 50% discount when he bought the entrance ticket. He knew that it was wrong to use a fake student ID card. But the entrance ticket of Jiuzhaigou Valley is too expensive.
Sep 27, 2012 22:44
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
The entrance fee of Jiuzhaigou costs CNY220 in peak season, this is too much for me, and you need to pay more if you take sight-seeing bus. However, it is too difficult if you choose to work along the whole itinerary inside. Thanks Raindrop for tips, I will tell others to use a fake Student ID if they travel in some day.
Sep 28, 2012 00:11
  • WANHU
Raindrop, it's what the management thinks affordable by most foreigners, while the locals need to pay only RMB30 (equivalent) also with light meal and a cup of soft drink.
Wan
Oct 5, 2012 22:19
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Raindrop, it's what the management thinks affordable by most foreigners, while the locals need to pay only RMB30 (equivalent) also with light meal and a cup of soft drink.
Wan

Some Chinese scenic spots also have preferential policies for the locals. They pay less than the tourists with their ID cards.

Today, many cities issue 'Tourist Cards' to its people. With such a card, they can visit many scenic spots for free or get discount when they buy the entrance tickets.
Oct 6, 2012 02:33
  • WANHU
The Tourist Cards for free or need to pay a minimal fee?
Wan
Oct 8, 2012 04:48
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

The Tourist Cards for free or need to pay a minimal fee?
Wan

You have to buy the tourist cards. Do you think CNY 98 is cheap?
Oct 9, 2012 12:40
  • ODESK1211
Do you know where did I get the travel pass at discounted rate for USA I want to go there next year with my family in Jacksonville Fl need help immediate thanks in advance..
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How much will you pay for the entrance fees of the scenic spots in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code