Menu
They are humans, not animals in the zoo!
Sep 26, 2012 01:57
  • RAINDROP
Xishan Town in Nanchang City held a temple fair on September 15. In order to stop the beggars begging from the pilgrims, the local regulators set up a long fence to isolate the beggars from the pilgrims.

According to the regulators, they fence the beggars in hope of the pilgrims not being cheated by those ‘professional’ beggars and avoiding stampedes since there are too many pilgrims. Besides, there is one guy who distributes water and food to the beggars inside the fence.

Some pilgrims think it inappropriate to fence the beggars. They get changes and give it to the beggars.

It is good that the regulators care about the pilgrims. But they shouldn’t fence the beggars like animals.

Sep 26, 2012 20:36
GUEST70194 The pilgrims fence beggars off treating them as African Safari lions and the beggars look at the pilgrms as the animals caged inside the fence.
Oct 5, 2012 11:02
  • WANHU
Maybe there is a lesson to learn: it's not dignified to beg. But surely a human is a human and and need to be treated as human and not animal.
Wan
Oct 6, 2012 03:24
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Maybe there is a lesson to learn: it's not dignified to beg. But surely a human is a human and and need to be treated as human and not animal.
Wan

The regulators should learn this lesson very well. If humans are not treated as humans, they will turn into animals and attack because they are full of fury.
Oct 9, 2012 13:26
  • WANHU
Raindrop, not many people especially beggars dare to buck against the authority although they are being mistreated. The same goes in many police lock-ups with proven claims of brutality.
Wan
Oct 10, 2012 01:09
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Raindrop, not many people especially beggars dare to buck against the authority although they are being mistreated. The same goes in many police lock-ups with proven claims of brutality.
Wan

Some poor people lack in confidence. When being mistreated, they don't resist but bear mistreatment.

Last year, I went back to visit my university. On my way back home, there were four farmer workers who got on the bus. They just sat on the bus floor together. Other passengers were far away from them. After a while, there were two empty seats. But none of them stood up to take the seats.

Suddenly, I heard one of them say "We are dirty. We will dirty the seats if we sit there." I felt a bit heartbroken at that moment.

Wan, I like reading Sina Weibo messages. A guy posted a picture of a farmer worker on his weibo and made a short explanation. He got on the subway line 2 together with that farmer worker. He found that there were many empty seats. Thus, he chose one and sat down. But the farmer worker stood at a corner in the carriage and didn’t take a seat. Around 37 minutes later, the farmer worker went off the subway. In the 37 minutes, all other passengers kept a distance from the farmer worker even the subway was crowded.

We are all passengers. Why did some passenger discriminate farmer workers and keep a distance from them? Without farmer workers, most urban people even can not live in the comfortable apartments. It is the farmer workers who build the city but what have they gained? They can’t even take a seat on the subway.
Oct 10, 2012 03:09
  • WANHU
This is the life we have, Dear Raindrop, arrogance. Some rich people look down on poor people, city dwellers on village people, high ranking officers on street pedlars and list goes on. They forget they come from the same root, breathe the same air, blood of the same colour. We used to say, the poisonous snake that glides under the tree root won't lose its poison meaning if we respect people whoever they are, won't lower our status or dignity.

During winter in 2005, I was in Shenzhen. I was surprised to see one evening many young girls and boys stayed near the pavements of the shops, huddled together among themselves. I was told by my interpreter they were from other provinces seeking for jobs and no place to stay and waiting for a daylight for them to go home.

We went to a nearby restaurant, and gave RMB150 for the cook to prepare some porridge and vegetable to provide them some warmth. I am not rich to provide them lodging, but RMB150 won't make me richer nor poorer. What if one of them was my sister, niece or even daughter?

Wan
Oct 14, 2012 20:36
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

What can I say? You are really a good man. Sometimes I just think it is ridiculous to discriminate or look down other people. We were born equally, I mean, nakedly. In the end, we will die. No matter how powerful or rich you are, finally you will die. When you are dead, you will lose everything.
Oct 15, 2012 12:12
  • WANHU
Some philosophers think death is the starting of a living for thiose believe in life after death. Whatever what we believe or don't believe, it's good to start with something even for our own family, is it not, charity begins at home? Positions, wealth, all are tests for humankind to see if we are with humanity and kindness. When I die, people don't think of my wealth, ornaments of gold or position, they will remember the deeds I have performed.
Wan
Oct 15, 2012 22:19
  • RAINDROP
Positions, wealth, all are tests for humankind to see if we are with humanity and kindness.

Well said, Wanhu. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, many people lost their humanity and kindness when they acquired a lot of money. Only does the final time come, they will understand everything.
Oct 21, 2012 16:21
  • WANHU
We are living in a rat race world, a world we created. A life without real community. It is good if new generation can diffuse the vicious struggle and competition for wealth and/or power. It shall start from us although we may not be able to change the scenario within a short span.
Wan
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: They are humans, not animals in the zoo!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code