Menu
we love each other but cannot be together
Oct 1, 2012 01:52
guest40184 I never really believed in love..until it really happened to me..with the one I was attracted to..with a guy I looked upto.. I was head over heals wen v first met..he was n still is my sister's best frend..so I knew a lot abt him even before meeting him in person.. 6 months of chance encounters had me dreaming of him all the tym.. then I made the first move..
v began texting each other..all day n wen he wud occasionally not reply I used to get all depressed..v gradually began to start talking over fone..he kept trying to keep a distance initially cos I was his frend's baby sis...
bt I never let go..
now v r three yrs old in our love..he even asked me out.. bt v can never be together.. he is a Christian..n am a Muslim.. families will never agree.. it tears me apart to think v can never be together..
I wonder if there are other ppl lyk us out der..hard to hold on.
..hard to let go
Oct 5, 2012 20:06
  • WANHU
Most Muslims take religion as a serious matter, it's between life and death because to them holding on to the belief will secure them a better place in afterlife. When people lose interest in religion, they can't see the purpose of religion, thus we can see the burning of the Koran by some Christians as well as suicide bombers among the Muslims that killed innocent people. Though these people do not represent their religions but they did leave bad impression. Love sees no boundary, it is either you forsake your religion or he forsakes his. He keeps his distance because of friend to his baby sister or due to his commitment to his belief? Today many "believers" do not even read their own religious scriptures to understand but rather listening to opinions and interpretations of the churches and the mosques.
Wan
Oct 5, 2012 23:13
  • VIEOLIU
At least you could see each other . Ask ulself if you do love him and wanna be with him . If the answer yes . Go for it . chase for it .

The only point that i wanna claim is dont love for anyone else instead of ulself .
Good lunck
Oct 14, 2012 14:23
GUEST94074 ..thanks for your say on the matter... yea he kept a distance due to religion relation and even age...bt then love makes you blind yea?
Oct 14, 2012 20:46
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by VIEOLIU

The only point that i wanna claim is dont love for anyone else instead of ulself .
Good lunck

I feel like that you are a selfish man. Or you must be narcissistic very much. How does anyone love you if you just love yourself?
Oct 15, 2012 11:12
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST94074

..thanks for your say on the matter... yea he kept a distance due to religion relation and even age...bt then love makes you blind yea?

Love is not blind but we are blind with love, and sometimes make the wrong decision. Age is never a barrier but usually the young ones think of what they need yet they are still at the crossroads without GPS. Find the GPS that can point you the correct address. In the East, marriage is not just between two persons but it involves with families, extended families and community. Ask the elders.
Wan
Oct 15, 2012 22:33
  • RAINDROP
In the East, marriage is not just between two persons but it involves with families, extended families and community. Ask the elders.

Wow? How do you know that? It makes me believe that you just marry a Chinese wife. Just kidding! Hope you don't mind.
Oct 16, 2012 06:40
  • WANHU
Dear Raindrop, though we live apart, but still in the Far East, and we share almost the same culture. We appreciate and respect our parents but of course not absolute. Even if we disagree, we use fine words so that they won't feel hurt.

I believe in our culture, marriage is an extension of care one should give to the wife, taking the responsibility from her parents. We may not be able to care like her parents have experienced, but do our best to care as our responsibility and when we become parents we expect the same treatment too.

Wan
Oct 17, 2012 01:32
  • RAINDROP
Agreed. When a woman gets married with you, she gives her entire life to you. You may not take care of her as well as her parents. But you should do your best to take care of her as well as her parents.
Oct 18, 2012 03:43
  • WANHU
You know Raindrop, we have 10 siblings, 6 males and 4 females, and I'm no. 9 in the family. Each of us took care of our parent until her demise in Dec. last year. That's one of the benefits having a big family, each of us could contribute to our parent. My father passed away when I was 9.
Wan
Oct 19, 2012 22:51
  • RAINDROP
Dear Wan, I admire you on this. It is really a benefits having a big family. In my family, we are 4 members in all. My parents stay at home alone in most of a year. I make phone calls every day to them and ask if everything is fine.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: we love each other but cannot be together
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code