Menu
Have you heard of Gongnam Style?
Oct 6, 2012 02:23
  • RAINDROP
Yesterday, I heard this song and watched the video on TV. It is said that this song has been praised by many pop stars and other celebrities like Britney Spears and Anne Hathaway.

You know how popular it is? This song has already attracted over 300 million hits on Youtube. Except the lyrics, the Horse Riding Dance is another highlight in the music video.

Oct 8, 2012 22:52
  • CHERRY07
Haha, horse riding dance is really interesting. This guy and Leehom Wang graduated from the same school in the United States.

It is said that he copied some ideas from his friend. His friend was heartbroken. But some medium reported that PSY's friend might be jealous of him and then made use of him to attract people's attention.
Oct 25, 2012 21:40
  • RAINDROP
This dance is interesting, but it is really hard for me because I never rode a horse before. I heard that many office workers now do body exercise during break with this song.
Oct 28, 2012 02:24
  • BBQQ
Holy cats!

This guy must copy horse riding dance from me. When I was in primary school, my teacher arranged me and some other students to do horse riding dance. We did the similar dance. I remembered that we just didn't swing the whip above our heads. It's been more than one decade.
Oct 28, 2012 22:03
  • RAINDROP
BBQQ,

It's a pity that you didn't let more people know your horse riding dance. Can you record your horse riding dance and share it with us? I am eager to watch your performance.

During the 9th International Culture Festival, an international student imitated Gongnam Style. His performance made the audience scream and shout. After the opening ceremony performances, some audience went to the stage and performed Gongnam Style together. Suddenly, the stage collapsed when they peformed the horse-riding dance.

Can you imagine how Gongnam Style is popular in China?

Oct 31, 2012 06:08
  • MARK_81
Have I heard of it? It is my favourite song right now! haha
but seriously it is very very catchy. my kids love it!
Oct 31, 2012 21:51
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK_81

Have I heard of it? It is my favourite song right now! haha
but seriously it is very very catchy. my kids love it!

Mark, can you read Chinese? A genius reedits the lyrics and turns it into a very funny song. I burst into tears when I listen to it.
Oct 31, 2012 22:41
  • RAINDROP
A primary school in Beijing even organize all the students to perform horse dance accompanied by Gongnam Style music. It is said that the students voluntarily ask the teacher if they can do horse dance. Then the teachers had a meeting together and agreed.

In the past, the students did setting-up exercise during the break. Now they abandon setting-up exercise and perform horse dance.

Oct 31, 2012 22:51
  • RAINDROP
At a key school in Chongqing city, a thousand students followed their PE teachers to perform Horse-Riding dance. At the end, the PE teachers praised all the students and said that they would adapt another Chinese pop song Zui Xuan Min Zu Feng and invite all the students to learn new style dances.

Nov 3, 2012 11:18
  • MARK_81
JimmyB: I'm continuing learning Chinese but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. lol I will enrol in a new class next year to improve my chinese.
Nov 3, 2012 19:29
  • XIAOBAIHE
it sounds ugly. this show makes me think of a crazy ugly dancing in chinese
culteral revolution ...
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Have you heard of Gongnam Style?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code