Menu
Are Chinese tourists notorious?
Oct 14, 2012 22:41
  • LAUGH
A corp. is planning to open a new hotel in Paris in 2014. At the conference, the speaker of the corp. says their new hotel won’t accept all kinds of customers, for instance, Chinese tourists are not welcomed. He explains that many people in Paris need quiet environment and privacy. According to what he said, Chinese tourists are too noisy.

Last National Day Holidays, Chinese tourists spent 2.6 billion Euros on luxuries when they traveled abroad, which equaled 3 months’ total consumption in Chinese domestic market. Some countries have noticed that Chinese tourists have great purchasing power which can bring them a lot of profits. Thus, their departments even hire shoppers’ guides who can speak Chinese in order to receive Chinese tourists.

Why does the corp. refuse to make money by receiving Chinese tourists? Are Chinese tourists notorious abroad?
Last edited by LAUGH: Oct 14, 2012 22:41
Oct 15, 2012 11:20
  • WANHU
Last two years in Paris one manager in the boutique shop asked, did the Chinese lady outside ask you to buy this handbag? I said no, it's for a friend for her wedding. The manager said he's not against the Chinese, but worried she may be an agent for making replicas.
Wan
Oct 15, 2012 22:31
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Last two years in Paris one manager in the boutique shop asked, did the Chinese lady outside ask you to buy this handbag? I said no, it's for a friend for her wedding. The manager said he's not against the Chinese, but worried she may be an agent for making replicas.
Wan

What? Some Chinese just buy luxuries and then bring them back to China to make more replicas? OMG! Now I know why they can produce replicas which look very real.
Oct 16, 2012 08:08
  • WANHU
some are "filthy" rich. a friend of a friend came to Malaysia last June, scouting around to buy a house at RMB4 million. I asked him "why buy an expensive house when you come only twice or thrice a year? Just stay at 5-star hotel, won't cost you RMB500k for 20 years, and you're already 65."
Wan
Oct 17, 2012 01:18
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

What did he say to you? Some people just have a lot of money and they want to do investment in order to increase their wealth. Maybe, buying a house in Malaysia is his investment.
Oct 23, 2012 16:51
  • WANHU
It's true that some people buy property for future investments.
Wan
Oct 23, 2012 22:09
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

It's true that some people buy property for future investments.
Wan

Wan,

He is just one example. There are many people like him who buy apartments as a way of investment. I want to buy an aparment too but I haven't accumulated enough money to pay the first payment.
Oct 27, 2012 04:56
  • LAUGH
Or maybe Chinese are keen on gaining petty advantages.
Oct 28, 2012 01:54
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAUGH

Or maybe Chinese are keen on gaining petty advantages.

Laugh, you need to know who go out to travel and buy luxurious things. Except those rich but cultured people, there are some upstarts. They become rich quickly and have a lot of money to burn. When they get bored in China, they travel abroad and buy luxurious things to improve their taste.

I red a joke somewhere and would like to share it with you. South Korean, Japanese and Chinese people look similar. If they don't speak, it is a bit difficult to distingguish themselves from each other.

How to distinguish Japanese, South Korean and Chinese tourists abroad? Just remember that only Chinese tourists wear suits and leather shoes. Of course they speak loudly on streets.
Nov 1, 2012 17:18
  • WANHU
The man was an architect that resides in Sanya. He doesn't buy apartment(s) but rather condominiums and bungalows.
Wan
Nov 1, 2012 23:02
GUESTJOE Chiense are judged to be the worst tourists because of rude behavior, noise and a miserly attitude to tipping. Shame on myself!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are Chinese tourists notorious?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code