Menu
China railway stations tighten check-in procedure!
Oct 24, 2012 02:01
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
According to the railway departments, China railway stations will tighten check-in procedure as of today. Real name train tickets authentication will be enforced rigidly when passengers enter the railway station and board trains. If the information on the ticket, ID card or other valid documents and passenger himself/herself are not consistent, the passenger will be refused to enter the railway station and board their trains.

Some other railway stations just require the passenger to show their train tickets when they enter the waiting halls.

TravelChinaGuide reminds all passengers arrive at the railway stations earlier than usual. Otherwise, you may miss your train because the real name ticket authentication takes longer time than usual.
Oct 25, 2012 02:08
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
From Oct.20 to Nov.18, safety check will be tightened too. Passengers’ carry on and consigned luggage will be examined strictly.

According to the related regulations, passengers are not allowed to bring with them arms, ammunition, controlled knives and tools as well as inflammable, explosive, poisonous, caustic, radioactive articles. Other articles like kitchen knife, table knife, fruit knife, scissors, knife art objects, file and axe have to be checked.

Passengers who insist on bringing the prohibited articles or refuse to be checked will be not allowed to enter the railway stations.
Jan 2, 2013 13:06
  • WANHU
Booking online will have passenger's name and ID number but buying at the ticketing counter only has passenger's ID number.
Wan
Jan 3, 2013 21:49
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Booking online will have passenger's name and ID number but buying at the ticketing counter only has passenger's ID number.
Wan

Wan,

The ticketing counter can read Chinese people's ID cards and print their names and ID numbers on their tickets.

The Spring Festival Holiday is coming. It is difficult to buy rail tickets now. Even you buy it successfully online, you need to come early to the railway station to get your ticket since there will be many of people like you queuing up at the machine to get their tickets.
Jan 3, 2013 22:53
  • DAVIDLU
i ever tried to buy ticket from the machine, but it seems the machine only have service to Chinese, i don't know if they upgrade the system so the foreigners can buy from the machine now?
Jan 8, 2013 17:58
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP View Post

Wan,

The ticketing counter can read Chinese people's ID cards and print their names and ID numbers on their tickets.

The Spring Festival Holiday is coming. It is difficult to buy rail tickets now. Even you buy it successfully online, you need to come early to the railway station to g...

Booking online for Beijing Nan Zhan to Tianjin, I have my name and passport number printed on the ticket, but tickets purchased at the ticketing counters only have my passport no. printed.

I saw some Chinese nationals used railway card, can it be used for every CRH train? I have only HK Octopus, SZ and GZ metro cards that can be used only within the city limits.

Wan
Jan 8, 2013 21:17
  • RAINDROP
I saw some Chinese nationals used railway card, can it be used for every CRH train?

Sorry, I have no idea. I have heard that the Ministry of Railways plan to promote montly or yearly tickets for the high speed trains. But I do not know if monthly or yearly ticket policy has been implemented between Beijing and Tianjin high speed rail.
Jan 27, 2013 01:34
  • WANHU
Anyway I have only HK Octopus, SZ and GZ bus/metro cards.
Wan
Apr 21, 2013 11:26
  • JABAROOTOO
Recently travelled by overnight train.
Tickets purchased online.

Booking number and passport required to collect ticket at the station but that was the only time I was required to present my passport.

On the return journey I was asked # times for my passport once when I collected the ticket, again before I could enter the station and the 3rd time on the train all passengers where asked to show their ID
Apr 23, 2013 00:47
  • RAINDROP
For Chinese people, they don't ask the booking number. The passengers give their ID cards to the clerk. Then she puts the cards on the sensor and the ticket is printed quickly.

The railway station don't check all the passengers' ID cards and tickets. They just pick up several trains to per day to check if the passengers' ID cards are in accordance with their tickets.

As for buying tickets, there are some automatic ticket selling machines at the railway stations. I haven't used it yet. Don't know if it just accepts debit/credit cards only. By the way, never see foreign passengers buy the tickets from the the automatic ticket selling machines.

The May Day Holidays are coming soon. I guess that's why the stations tightens their check procedure.
Apr 24, 2013 01:50
Hello,
For Chinese nationals you can use your id card at the counter, machine or online. There are 3 options.
But for foreign visitors and residents you need to buy your tickets from the counter. This is the only option.
You can ask a Chinese person or agent to buy for you with a photo copy of the foreign passport. This is an option I often use for my customers.
Foreigners cant use the machines anymore, not since the changes to the ID's requirements limited it to Chinese nationals only.

As for the checking it rarely takes place but at some national holidays they can stop you at the train station entry and also as you board the train for ID checks to make sure your Passport number and on the ticket matches, but this rarely happens.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China railway stations tighten check-in procedure!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code