Menu
Longest shallot in China!
Aug 13, 2013 20:26
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

In fact, I believe that they will find a way out. Otherwise, it will have serious effects. Not only China but also other developed nations (UK for example) also have plans to raise the retirement age.

Another thing I can't understand is why the civil servants earn much higher pensions than us (ordinary people) after retirement. To me, it's unfair. We pay them salaries and pensions but we don't enjoy equal treatment. It's reported that there will be a plan to solve this problem. But no one knows when the solution comes out. Some people don't want the solution because they enjoy better treatment.
Aug 31, 2013 23:17
  • WANHU
I don't know about China, but in Malaysia civil servants after working 25 years will get a pension of half the last drawn salary and no other perks nor allowances as they enjoyed before retirement. It's not much when compared to those working in the private institutions where they will get all their EPF (Employee Provident Fund) contributions both the employee's and the employer's. How about the dole distribution in Britain for the unemployed? It may seem unfair to us too, but it's the policy of certain governments in their effort to provide a caring society.

The company should provide and offer better working condition and the government should monitor that both parties toe the line and conform with the laws enacted after all the government represents the people and their aspiration.

Wan
Sep 4, 2013 04:46
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

Why should they enjoy better treatment than us? Just beause they contribute to provide a caring society. Remember that we pay them salaries. Thus, we should be equal.
Sep 20, 2013 09:09
  • WANHU
How many percent from our contributions help to pay salary and other developments of the country? 50%? In Malaysia, those receiving <RM3000 per month will not be taxed and most of the workers, both government and private establishments are among that brackets. While managerial levels are not that many, probably only 20% and income from the tax won't be enough to run a government. Thus the government imposes sales tax, import tax, etc.
Wan
Sep 21, 2013 21:46
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

We not only pay the income tax but also other kinds of taxes. The income tax is just a small part of the government's revenues. The civil servants should have served us. The fact is some of them play e-games during working hours. A system should be built to assess their work performances. If they fail in the assessment, they should be fired.
Nov 23, 2013 23:02
  • WANHU
Dear Cherry, to my knowledge everyone should pay taxes, including public servants. In many departments, government workers are working full-force. Take immigration for example, they work 7 days a week, from 8 am until 10 pm. Passport applications can be available within one hour. This is not a re-branding but rather transformation of civil service for the people.
Wan
Nov 24, 2013 21:52
  • CHERRY07
The immigration officers in your country are much busier than their counterparts in PRC. The passport is done at the local entry and exit administration department. it's usually together with the police station. It takes around two weeks to apply for a passport and they just work for 5 days. More importantly, they are off work at 17:00. Some even leave earlier before 17:00.
Last edited by CHERRY07: Nov 24, 2013 21:53
Nov 27, 2013 04:41
  • WANHU
In China, immigration and police officers are the same. In Malaysia, passport applications are done at any immigration office. Although police, customs and immigration come under the same Ministry of Internal Affairs but each has its own Director-General or Inspector-General for the police.
Wan
Nov 27, 2013 21:41
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

How long is the immigration office open? 8 hours? Most governmental offices in my city are open from 09:00 to 17:00. It's 8 hours but they don't work for 8 hours. They usually have two hours break-off.
Nov 30, 2013 17:51
  • WANHU
The Immigration Department opens 24/7 from 7.30 am until 10 pm. There is no lunch break, as persons manning the counters will take shifts. Under the Department of Skills Development, it opens many Urban Transformation Centres (UTC) where each centre has Immigration Department for passport and visa application, National Registration Department for registration birth and death, and Department of Transport for vehicle lincenses. On Fridays, from 1215-1445 the office runs with skeletal due to Friday congregational prayer for Muslims.

The queue is a little bit usually during school holidays but based from ts ISO, from application to receiiving passport, it will take not more than one hour. I did mine last September, it took me only 40 minutes. My Chinese visa expires on December 5th, with new passport I need to make a fresh application. I am lucky to receive another two years multiple visa, but only 30 days instead of 60 days of stay for every entry.

Wan
Page 11 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Longest shallot in China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code