Menu
Longest shallot in China!
Jan 13, 2013 01:05
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

Every student at my age studies English at least for ten years. We studied from Junior Middle School. Nowadays, kids in kindergarten already start to learn English. They stay three years in the kindergarten, six years in primary school, six years in middle school and four years in college. How long have they studied English? nearly 20 years.

You are right. Environment is very important. I can write something in English but I can't speak English very well.
Jan 21, 2013 10:33
  • WANHU
It's always that way, Cherry because we prioritise our mother-tongue. Some people manage to learn many languages and able to speak fluently. I am never proud of my English because I seldom use unless I chat with my Chinese friends as I don't speak Putonghua.
Wan
Jan 21, 2013 20:23
  • RAINDROP
Wanhu,

You are very modest. I guess that you have written many theses in English. Right?
Jan 25, 2013 23:33
  • WANHU
Theses are technical writings, dear Raindrop. As long as you follow its format, clearly define your literature search, probable hypothesis, research instruments, they will be accepted although with errors in bibliographical citations, a mix-up between APA and MLA formats. If you browse through theses written as collected by UMI (University Microfilms International), there are theses with grammatical errors, but still the students received their PhDs.
Wan
Jan 27, 2013 00:15
  • RAINDROP
I remembered that my college teacher emphasized our bachelor's theses format many times. It doesn't matter what your thesis is about. But you have to ensure that your format is right.
Jan 28, 2013 12:40
  • WANHU
For bachelor's usually just a mini thesis. For master's level, the supervisor usually is stricter, and may focus on your literature reviews, sometimes should not be less than 25 articles (either journal or/and books).
Wan
Jan 29, 2013 21:42
  • CHERRY07
Our college required us to do Thesis Defense. As you said, it was not as strict as we thought. The teachers just raised some questions about my thesis. I just answered their questions. That's all.
Feb 3, 2013 19:19
  • WANHU
Every thesis needs Thesis Defense. Before your defense, a supervisor needs to accept your proposal. Usually the Qs come from the Graduate Studies personnel and not really from the relevant Faculty. If you did your homework well, you won't face any problem and then start your research, usually based from your Gantt Chart (if you ever used one).

Many young students in China studied Business English, International Trade, Business Marketing... I wonder if your major also along that line.

Wan
Mar 10, 2013 17:47
GUESTDIMON I found just what I was neeedd, and it was entertaining!
Mar 14, 2013 09:59
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTDIMON

I found just what I was neeedd, and it was entertaining!

Raindrop, what can you understand from this sentence? Shoukl he/she use why I was needed or what I needed? I'm not criticising or correcting his/her sentence, but to share with you the sentence that differs from what one thinks than what one writes.
Wan
Page 5 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Longest shallot in China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code