Menu
Longest shallot in China!
Jun 26, 2013 02:52
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

All people who attend high-level meetings like ACCU must speak good English. Perhaps, the actors in the movies I watched speak poor English. They made me think that all people speak English like them.
Jun 30, 2013 11:25
  • WANHU
Dear Cherry
Although I attended the meetings, I was never a high ranking officer to the government, just a general employee who did the hard work how to motivate the rural dwellers to be literate. As we know, one of the objectives of ACCU is to combat illiteracy for the Pacific-Area and the Far East.
Wan
Jul 1, 2013 21:26
  • CHERRY07
I think there should be interpreters at the scene. Those officials don't need to speak good English, haha.
Jul 7, 2013 01:08
  • WANHU
Unfortunately, dear Cherry, all country reports are in English.
Wan
Jul 9, 2013 03:42
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Unfortunately, dear Cherry, all country reports are in English.
Wan

It's ok. There are interpreters and translaters who work for them.
Jul 10, 2013 15:40
  • WANHU
Probably, but as far as I know the language used during meeting in ACCU is always English. But there are some video productions in other languages to be dubbed into English and other local languages as I did for "Mina Smiles" series that I rendered into Malay.
Wan
Jul 11, 2013 01:46
  • CHERRY07
Mina Smiles? What is it? English is the most common and popular language in the world. Chinese is spoken by the large population in the world. It's said that many foreigners are studying Chinese. They believe that learning Chinese is good for their career.
Jul 11, 2013 12:13
  • WANHU
It's a series produced by ACCU how to conserve environment, how to combat illiteracy and being translated into local languages. China alone has about 1.3 billion people excluding the overseas Chinese. In Malaysia, almost 35% of its population are Chinese of various dialects, Hokkien, Foochow, Hakka, Cantonese, Mandarin, etc.

I do not know how far it is true, many foreigners are studying Chinese language because they have the advantage when teaching English to the Chinese, and the pay is better than the Chinese teaching English (to the Chinese) or even the Chinese teaching Chinese to foreigners.

Wan
Jul 15, 2013 20:13
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

I didn't watch it. Foreigners study Chinese for their own interests. Some learn Chinese to do better in their English teaching jobs. But it is said that Chinese will replace English to be the world common language. I just laughed when I heard about this. It can't be true.
Jul 16, 2013 17:32
  • WANHU
This is based from statistics but without proper analysis. The statistics is based from the number of population, and indeed China has the biggest population in the world. Thus Chinese language is the top most spoken language but that doesn't mean it will replace other established language(s).
Wan
Page 8 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Longest shallot in China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code