Menu
Longest shallot in China!
May 4, 2013 01:46
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

The annoying here means "I can't fully understand what they talk about". You are right. I have watched many American movies and I might have been used to the pronunciation and speed.

Actually, I listend to BBC news for a while when I was in college. I did it for preparing my English Test. You know, I can't get my diploma if I fail my English Test. Honestly, I could understand what the news talked about. But it was very difficult for me to understand British locals' accent.
May 4, 2013 02:45
  • WANHU
Accent is better than hearing their spoken dialects.
Wan
Jun 4, 2013 21:57
  • CHERRY07
Raindrop,

I think you can watch as many British movies as you can. Then you can understand what they talk about. Pratice makes perfect.
Jun 15, 2013 20:00
  • WANHU
I think spoken English is just like spoken Chinese where it varies from one place to another, with dialects. The northern Chinese seldom understand Cantonese (guangdong/kwatung hua) or Hokkien (Fujian or Minnan hua). In London, I can't really understand Cockney accent.
Wan
Jun 16, 2013 21:44
  • CHERRY07
It's true, Wan. Here is a joke. A Chinese postgraduate who majors in English goes to Northern Ireland for further study. But she can't understand what the locals say. She is very frustrated. She studies standard American English in China. That's why she is unfamiliar with the accent in Northern Ireland.
Jun 17, 2013 13:17
  • WANHU
You should hear how a Scottish speaks English.
Wan
Jun 17, 2013 22:20
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

You should hear how a Scottish speaks English.
Wan

Will they drive me crazy? I'd find some conversations on the internet and listen to them.
Jun 24, 2013 02:35
  • WANHU
Sometimes I watch over the youtube how a Chinese speaks English
Wan
Jun 25, 2013 01:55
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Sometimes I watch over the youtube how a Chinese speaks English
Wan

I just think that Chinese English speakers speak better English than Japanese and South Koreans. I listened South Koreans speak English on TV. The pronunciation is strange.
Jun 25, 2013 03:48
  • WANHU
About the Japanese I am not sure and have my own reservations. A few meetings I attended under ACCU n(Asia-Pacific Cultural Centre for Unesco) seemed those Japanese spoke English quite well. South Koreans? Well I have been there only once.
Wan
Page 7 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Longest shallot in China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code