Menu
How to punish those pedestrians who run against the traffic lights?
Nov 1, 2012 01:09
  • DODGER
“When I crossed the road this morning, I just saw one motorcycle rider stopped. The traffic police was 20 meters away from the zebra crossing. He did nothing when he saw other motorcycle and bicycle riders run against the red light. Also, I saw a lady talking on her cellphone when she passed by the traffic police.

What was the traffic police doing? He just directed the cars. I am sure that he saw the lady but he did nothing.

Sometimes, I even saw the traffic police chatting with each other or playing their cellphones.”
Jimmy, exactly my point. Why would anyone follow rules when an organization responsible for enforcing them doesn’t?
Cheers, Dodger.
Nov 1, 2012 01:30
I prefer to read news and messages on Weibo. This afternoon, I read a piece of news. It says that traffic police start to take pictures of those who sit in the co-driver's seats but don't fasten the seat belt and will fine them a certain amount of money.

You know what people comment on this message? Some feel surprised and say "This is a new way to increase the revenue." Some people even say that the traffic police department once clarified that passengers who sit in the co-driver's seat and didn't fasten the seat belt wouldn't be punished.

I just feel that there are too many people who don't fasten their seat belts when they sit in the co-driver's seats. They are used to do this. If they don't take care of their lives, why shouldn't the traffic police intervene? Let them risk their lives.
Nov 1, 2012 04:16
  • DODGER
Lonely, I see children either sitting on a mothers lap in the front seat or just standing with their nose a few inches from the windscreen, neither parents really understanding just how dangerous this is if the car has to come to a sudden halt.
Unfortunately some people who are involved in road accidents that they have coursed are the first to sue for damages, so when some idiot goes bouncing through the windscreen on to the road, perhaps the ones complaining about wearing seatbelts, will they take full responsibly for their own actions?
Somehow, I don’t think so.
Perhaps if they published the real number of people who die on the roads every year motorized and pedestrian might pay more attention to the more than adequate rules already on place.
Cheers, Dodger.
Nov 4, 2012 21:27
Dodger,

I strongly suggest the traffic law should be revised. According to the law, the vulnerable is protected. For example, a bike rider who rides against the traffic is hit by a car. It is the bike rider's fault but the car driver has to burden partial responsibility.

It's unfair. Some pedestrians, motorcycle and bicycle riders are not afraid of being hit on the street. They believe that the car drivers dare not to hit them. As a result, they cross the road at any time. The car drivers have no other methods but stop there and let them go across.

Why do the law protect some people who don't abide the law? Strange!
Nov 6, 2012 19:29
  • WANHU
On the contrary, they flouted the law because it is not properly enforced. No driver wants to damage his car by hitting a motorcyclist.
Wan
Nov 6, 2012 21:24
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

On the contrary, they flouted the law because it is not properly enforced. No driver wants to damage his car by hitting a motorcyclist.
Wan

So the traffic police who fail to enforce the traffic law should be fined too.
Nov 7, 2012 04:39
  • WANHU
Should take disciplinary action against those not doing their job.
Wan
Nov 7, 2012 21:36
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Should take disciplinary action against those not doing their job.
Wan

Who takes disciplinary action against those not doing their job? The traffic police is not the only who don't do their jobs well. We need a transparent supervision system.
Nov 8, 2012 09:42
  • MARK_81
This annoys me very much I have to say. This is why I'm extra careful when driving anywhere. the other day someone ran on the road in front of me suddenly. these days with people texting while walking (or even while driving!!!!) you got to watch out and always take the safe optionsI guess.
Nov 9, 2012 23:21
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Who takes disciplinary action against those not doing their job? The traffic police is not the only who don't do their jobs well. We need a transparent supervision system.

Lonely, it's not about transparency or ombudsman but rather a civil service reform.
Wan
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to punish those pedestrians who run against the traffic lights?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code